getting in shape after c section

Options
I had a c section 3 weeks ago I know I can't exercise for a while but I'm trying to get my eating on track and need advice on how to get rid of my overhang from c section. for when I can exercise. And I am breastfeeding so want some advice on best foods to give me energy.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• BodyUnderConstruction2020
    Options
    I just had my baby 6 weeks ago and gained 60 pounds and already lost 30 since baby .. breastfeed, no sodas , juices, cut back those fried foods in the meantime until the doctor release you to workout then go at it but take small steps .. you got this!
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a little break - your body just went through a lot! Eat foods that are healthy and that will help milk supply - fruits, veggies, protein, healthy fats (oatmeal and beer helped me a lot with milk supply). Enjoy your new baby and don't stress so much about your weight or body. Start with walking and diet and take it a bit easy for awhile. I gained 70 lbs when I was pregnant and lost 45 of it just breastfeeding over about 6 months. That was 8 years ago. Overhang left me around a year or so post-baby but there wasn't anything special I did and I kept that last 30 pounds for about 3 years before I got serious about dieting and lost it. I've been doing Piyo lately and really like it (makes me feel strong) - maybe try something like that when you're ready.
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also drink a ton of water - at least 2 to 3 liters a day.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Eat healthfully (veggies, fruit, protein, starches, etc), enjoy your baby, solidify your nursing relationship, drink water to thirst, and try to get enough sleep. Remember you just had major surgery and your body needs to heal. I know how hard it is to relax about it but 3 weeks out from the surgery you are likely to still have some swelling in the area, your uterus isn't yet completely back to prepregnant size, and your abdominal muscles are not healed yet. Patience is so important. Try your best to relax until after your 6 week postpartum check up or you are cleared by your healthcare professional.

I personally wasn't cleared to exercise beyond "easy walking and 10 pounds lifting" until 15 weeks postpartum. So I've got a ton of experience with patience after csection. It sucked but that's just how my body responded to my traumatic emergency csection and severe choriamnionitis (sp?) experience.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!