Gluten free /junk food free for 1mnth result

Options
I've lost 11 lbs! Being gluten free by choice is not bad at all. There are a lot of options for gluten free people out there. Try it! Also I am a junkie. I love my junk food but laying off junk food for a month was hard but worth it! I no longer have uncontrollable cravings and I'm not hungry all the time lol

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
    janjunie wrote: »
    Congrats, but that had nothing to do with gluten free or not eating junk food, it had to do with the fact you were in a caloric deficit. FYI Gluten free packaged products tend to be higher in calories, because they need extra sugar or fat to be palatable.

She is less hungry and has fewer cravings because she ate less? Food choices had nothing to do with it?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Awesam2121 wrote: »
    Actually when I went off gluten for a little while I didn't count calories. I probably ate more calories lol..Anyways, I just wanted to try something new and was pleased with the results. It may not work for others but it did for me:)

If you consumed more calories, with output being held the same, then you have lost less weight than you would have prior to going off gluten.

As said, weight loss/gain is about energy intake vs output.

But, I suppose as long as you get there, you get there.
  • theman900
    theman900 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your results i also find i have virtually no cravings also it was hella hard for me to gain weight on it without drinking copious amounts of smoothies
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I miss gluten so bad...I have no idea why anyone would do this willingly.

I'm sorry. <<hugs>>
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    im having to go gluten free bcos of intolerance and i am seriously struggling with this new way of eating lol. however no bloat more energy i think i can learn to live with my new way of eating☺