Fiber One bars

Options
bcattoes
bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
We get free fruit at work (yay!!) as part of a wellness program. So I go to get an apple for my afternoon snack and they are all gone :frown: . So I thought I'd grab a healthy Fiber One bar from the snack machine. Holy Moly, I feel like I've just eaten a Snickers bar!! I don't eat many sweets so we're talking major sugar rush!! Those things are evil!

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    They make me gassy but I love 'em!
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I call those Fart Bars. Never EVER eating those again....
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Um, not to be TMI...but pretty much everyone I know calls those Fart Bars. Like seriously, they taste good but they give serious issues. :tongue:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One bars. I get the 90 calorie ones and they're a quick go to if I sleep through breakfast. Not sure how healthy they are despite being advertised as such though. Especially with the HFCS.

and I actually have never had the TMI issues that some others have said hehe.
  • Jadoremandy
    Options
    This is what I saw on the Dr. Oz show about bars.

Best and Worst of 2010 http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-and-worst-2010-your-guide

Best: Inca Peanuts
    Inca peanuts, grown in the Andes mountains and Amazon rainforest of peru, are loaded with vitamin E, and have 3 times the amount of omega-3s and twice the fiber as walnuts. An ounce of these nuts contains 5 grams of fiber – that’s 20% of the recommended daily value. They are also known as Sacha Inchi nuts and are available online or at health food stores for about $10 a bag. To learn more about Dr. Oz-approved superfoods, click here.

Worst: Anything in Bar Form
    From granola bars to protein and meal replacement bars, anything that’s a bar is your worst weight-loss snack choice. Many are loaded with sugar and fat. Some are made with sugar alcohol to cut down on calories, but this often causes gas and bloating as side effects.
  • mariedingle
    Options
    YUP, they are good and they do not affect me like that so I'm happy! LOL
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    As I understand, that is pretty common with high fiber foods. I know when I eat double my target or more of fiber in a day, the poor hubby is wanting to run to the spare room lol.

Sarah
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Fart bars?!?!?! So once I stop bouncing off the walls I'll start smelling the room up? Awesome.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of fiber. Body gets used to it over time. I also eat lots of the bars...yummm
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I eat lots of fiber. Body gets used to it over time. I also eat lots of the bars...yummm

Lots of Fiber One bars?? Do you track sugar. These have to put you over right? I don't track sugar but these are just crazy sweet! I even ate a handful of almonds after to cut it and it's still making me feel a little sick.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Maybe I exaggerate. I eat two a day. Not too bad. I don't each much sugar in other food.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love them.

But, I think a snickers would have had more calories... right? LOL.
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Oats & Caramel and they have 9g of fiber and 9g of sugar.. The carb intake also kills me at 30g.
  • bethy0316
    Options
    I learned a long time ago that anything over 5 grams of Fiber you subtract from the Carbohydrates ... so the carbs aren't too bad. But ... they do make you fart!!
    :blushing:
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i love them