Women's Ultra Mega Active Dietary Supplement

Options
Anyone know if this powder is any good? Regular vitamins make me sick....

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe improving your diet - by eating a wider variety of real foods - is a better strategy.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    My multivitamin also makes me sick. It's the iron. I have to stay still for a full 20 minutes. That is why I take my multi after my first bite of food, and I make sure I do not move.
    That GNC brand also contains iron. I have had this problem my whole life. You do not get used to it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If your multivitamin is making you sick maybe you shouldn't be taking it. Just saying.

The general consensus on multivitamins is ... well, there isn't one. Some research shows them being good for one thing but bad for another while another study will show the opposite. Here's a good article from UC Berkeley that summarizes the useful info. http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/vitamins/article/do-you-need-multivitamin.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to get sick on my multi vitamin but then I discovered it was because I did not have enough food in my stomach. Multis have a lot of fat soluble nutrients in them so if you are getting an upset stomach try taking your multi after your biggest meal of the day (for me that's dinner). I am a supporter of mutlis since it is hard to get all our necessary nutrients from food alone without eating too many calories. I take the GNC energy and metabolism and love them. I have never had a problem with them upsetting my stomach since I switched to taking them after a large meal. I used to take them before breakfast and would actually throw up my entire breakfast after I ate it. Hope this helps!
  • visualizefit
    visualizefit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used to get sick on my multi vitamin but then I discovered it was because I did not have enough food in my stomach. Multis have a lot of fat soluble nutrients in them so if you are getting an upset stomach try taking your multi after your biggest meal of the day (for me that's dinner). I am a supporter of mutlis since it is hard to get all our necessary nutrients from food alone without eating too many calories. I take the GNC energy and metabolism and love them. I have never had a problem with them upsetting my stomach since I switched to taking them after a large meal. I used to take them before breakfast and would actually throw up my entire breakfast after I ate it. Hope this helps!

That's what would happen. I'd throw up my breakfast. :/

I'm mixing it with milk and that seems to be working. Plus the powder has 10g of protein, so that's nice!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Anything that is called Ultra Mega has to be good!
  • hilary99
    hilary99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I take the pill form of Ultra mega active and I like them.