Never again

Options
On Thursday after watching elli ip documentary I decided to do a cheat day and on the day it felt great to eat what I wanted but after wards I felt sick not only physically but also emotionally I felt like I had put so much hard work in and in one day I had ruined it all, the food made me depressed and bloated, really tired and no energy I will not be doing that again.

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    This day has NOT ruined it all. It has taught you an important lesson: While cheat days might work for other people, they are not for you (neither for me, I only do them when I am kind of forced by special occasions where I don't want to be rude). You have also not ruined all your goals. You might be bloated now, but it will go away. The calories will be burned and everything will go back to normal.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Jw. Did you workout on your cheat day?
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As skymningen said. Nothing is ruined. You've learned that your body has adjusted away from eating unhealthy food! Now you don't have to rely on willpower to keep you away from "delicious food you love", you can turn it away more easily knowing it will only make you sick. All your hard work readjusted your body's tastes, so now it will help you take on some of that work in the future :) feel better, drink some tea, and tomorrow, count it as the success of your attempt to reset your tastes~
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dont let one day ruin tomorrow. You can also use splurge days as motivation. You could tell yourself that I will eat junk once I get my walk/jog in. Then you wouldnt feel guilty about it. You can and will reach your goal. Beating yourself up is discouraging to yourself and will only make you feel defeated. Say I can and I will. Watch me!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I never get this, food is just food. It doesn't make me sick.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    Like they say in my yoga class, not to judge, but to learn.

I'm anti cheat. I suddenly heard the voice of my 5th grade teacher, "You're only cheating yourself." But I'm also anti deprivation. Sometimes I indulge. Sometimes over. Also anti beating myself up in the gym to burn off mistakes or lapses.

Lots of ways to look at things.

Now that I think about it, the only way I could really cheat would be deliberately not logging or fudging numbers on a mistake or over indulgence.

Some people only track 6 days and make it work. But that's their plan. The cheat mindset seems like some sort of rebellion. Against what? Healthy choices and fitness? Seems unhelpful.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I believe in cheat meals, not cheat days. Cheat days have always left me feeling the way you describe. Cheat meals, however, allow me a treat I have been craving without the guilt. It is almost impossible to do any significant damage to progress with one meal, so psychologically it does not bother me.