OVER 40 AND OVERWEIGHT

hpipher
hpipher Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this website and I am overweight and over 40. Anyone out there the same as me? Any motivational tips, secrets, recipes...........anything at all. I would gladly appreciate anything. According to my BMI, I am overweight too..........

Replies

• I am new to this website and I am overweight and over 40. Anyone out there the same as me? Any motivational tips, secrets, recipes...........anything at all. I would gladly appreciate anything. According to my BMI, I am overweight too..........
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome aboard. The only thing I can recommend is to start entering everything you eat or exercise into MFP and read what others are saying / doing and along the way you'll get your motivation from those who have passed along this path ahead of us.

Good Luck!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    :drinker:

almost 40 and over extended LOL
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    51 here
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    53 and trying to win this battle. Welcome !!!!!!!!!.....just try to stay focus :smile: You will have ups and downs, but don't give up. :happy:
  • I'm 42 found out the hard way that i don't loose it fast like I use too.Just stay with it.It takes time
  • SueU
    SueU Posts: 13
    Welcome....me too!!!! Overweight and over 40 I mean.....I look at it this way, it may have taken me over 45 years to figure it out, but now I am doing this for me. I've done for everyone else, spouses, significant others, children, parents, friends, bosses, etc.etc...now I am doing this for me and not feeling guilty or selfish....it has taken that long to get in that state of mind, but better late then never.....
    The site is great, hope you enjoy yourself and succeed at all your goals........:bigsmile:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi, I'm 55.Yuck! Here is my gem of wisdom. All of us over fortys have lived long enough to tell ourselves "no" many times,over the years. No to that new car we couldn't afford, no to that add on, we wanted to build,and no to that vaccation. At some point in life we also ate hot dogs when we wanted steak. It's finally occurred to me That the same common sense can get us through this. I can eat grapes 'when I really want a cooky, simply because thats what I need to do.Common sense has always told us we couldnt eat a gallon of ice cream for breakfast,or twelve candy bars. The same common sense must be employed to tell us we cant keep eating like we are that got us fat in the first place. Personelly I eat all day. mini snacks of healthy things. I dont feel deprived ,and if I do I eat a hostess 100 calorie cake, or 3 porkrinds.If we keep up with this program long enough, we can learn the right way to eat for the rest of our lives. eating the right amount of the right stuff is making me feel good. Age is our advantage . Good luck all!
  • Yep almost 44 with a 10month old ,,, my little surprise ,, number 4 boy my oldest is 23 and he is the one that led me to this site...

he uses it too and he is in great shape now...
    It helps to actually look at what you eat ,, then you know how many calories you have left to snack at nite..lol
  • Approaching the big Five-Oh in June and getting busy! Welcome aboard, and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome!

Over 40 and working on the weight. You'll find lots of inspiration, support, and motivation here.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    52.5 here. Welcome to the site. I've been here a month and I love it. People are so nice and helpful and I've learned some things about myself along the way. What I have learned is that when motivation and will power are not enough, actions are. It's easy to do the right thing when you're excited and it's new and it's harder to stick with it when you're tired, hungry, depressed, lonely, etc. But each day you wake up and JUST DO IT.
This discussion has been closed.