calorie adjustment subtracted from calories??

Options
Hi all

I'm new to MFP and synced my Fitbit to get accurate calories burned/steps etc... however I don't understand why it is subtracting from the calories (for instance my daily allowance is 1250 minus daily used thus far 1003 THEN it minus 70 for steps taken leaving me with less calories at end of day)
I've read the blurb on MFP but I still don't understand snd ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Many thanks x

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    MFP recommendations have your baseline activity factored in - so those 70steps may fall within your baseline allotment of calories
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Perhaps you are not moving more than your MFP Activity Level setting. The Fitbit Calorie adjustment could be zero - or negative if you have negative adjustments enabled - when you have not moved more than the estimate according to your MFP Activity Level. I am in maintenance and have my MFP Activity Level set to Sedentary and I do not get positive adjustments until I exceed about 2500 steps per day.

If you have your MFP Activity Level set higher than Sedentary, you may not see positive Fitbit Calorie adjustments until you have exceeded 5000 or more steps. Also, if you have a large daily deficit set for your loss rate, you may have to move even more to get positive adjustments.
  • dlhopkins67
    dlhopkins67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you're replies. Very helpful x