Inspirational healthy recipes/snacks??

Options
Does anybody have any inspirational healthy recipes or snacks to share? I find myself eating the same healthy foods, which gets boring and can take me off track. What's your favourite healthy food to have?

Replies

• RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey :) my lunch these days is half a tin of tuna in spring water with leafy green salad and quark mixed in which I either eat just like that or smear onto ryvita, followed by a plum and sometimes cherries. snacks I sometimes make my own popcorn in the microwave with 1 cal no fat spray and then sprinkle on some garlic and onion salt or eat plain, also as a night time treat low calorie hot chocolate, ice lollies are tasty erm... my diary is open if you wanna look, I'm needing to stick to a low fat diet currently due to gallstone issues so I am a little restricted but finding ways to keep my fat low without starving hehe.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek Yoghurt, high protein brand like Fage

delicious with a few cooked cherries or plums
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My current favorite healthy snacks:
    • Corn thin with 1/2 slice skinny swiss cheese and sliced cucumbers or tomatoes.
    • Corn thin with 1 tsp crunch peanut butter and sliced bananas.
    • Air-popped popcorn with a little butter and sea salt, sometimes a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
    • Celery with laughing cow cheese and a couple craisins or pecans.
    • 1/2 apple with 1 tsp peanut butter
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I use recipes mainly just for inspiration, and I love so many foods and meals, so it's impossible to pick a favorite, and I believe a varied and balanced diet is a healthy diet. In addition to a relaxed attitude towards food, using a meal plan (with no snacks) helps me with variety and structure - I fill inn a few days ahead when I've decided what I want to eat, and my dinners have a theme for each day of the week. I really enjoy this way of eating.
  • bettermybod
    bettermybod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need the same suggestions. Thank you for posting!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and Cool-Whip.
  • JacintaVE2017
    JacintaVE2017 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to cut carrot cucumber and celery into sticks and dip them into homemade hummus or beetroot dip.
  • lporter0813
    lporter0813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    jello knox blox, greek non-fat yogurt, fruit w/whipped cream, skinny pop popcorn, sf pudding