Surgery in January/February

Options
I'm at 233 lbs right now, and want to lose as much as possible before surgery. Is it feasible to lose 60lbs in that time? Any advice? I'm running/walking and doing low carb/high protein. I plan on lifting weights when I get to around 200lbs. What else can I do?

Replies

• issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You might as well start lifting now or do some type of strength training to preserve the muscle you're going to lose while in a deficit. I think 50 lbs is a more realistic goal in a 5-6 months time frame. I've lost 55 lbs starting at 240 and it took me 7 months, but I had days where I ate at maintence and above. Do you have to lose that much weight for the surgery or is it just for comfort? If you were strict then maybe you could lose 60, but it's a pretty aggressive goal since you're really only supposed to lose 2 lbs a week. Just keep it up with a healthy deficit and some strength training and you're basically guaranteed to lose weight. Good luck!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Did your surgeon recommend weight loss prior to surgery?
  • michaelar_ae
    michaelar_ae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's for a breast reduction so I'm technically within the bmi range they will operate on (bmi of 35 and that's what I am). The surgeon said he could operate now, but would prefer if I lose at least 20lbs first. I would like to lose most of it before, though. I don't want to get a reduction/lift and then lose weight and have saggy boobs again...

I will start weight lifting. Thank you for the advice.