Any new ideas for protein snacks!

Options
watsup16
watsup16 Posts: 6 Member
Protein bar, cake, pan cake... who have more idea! Something sweet?

Replies

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky. High protein, low calorie. However, high sodium and tough on teeth.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, buff bake cookies, larry and lenny cookies, prote (protein chips), hali tip ice cream.
  • Angied725
    Angied725 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tuna, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, protein bars or shakes, P3s, chicken breasts (most meats are great for protein....if you make an extra serving or two for a meal, you can save the extra servings in storage bowls or bags and it makes for a quick snack or meal later when you're in need of a protein boost)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Natural yoghurt with protein powder mixed in
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am into these "protein yoghurts" recently. The ones they sell here are called Skyr and Ojo, but you can probably find something similar where you life.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I am into these "protein yoghurts" recently. The ones they sell here are called Skyr and Ojo, but you can probably find something similar where you life.

How many grams of protein are you getting? I have been eatink the oikos triple 0 protein yogurts.
  • watsup16
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Beef Jerky. High protein, low calorie. However, high sodium and tough on teeth.
    MikeEsko wrote: »
    Can of tuna, buff bake cookies, larry and lenny cookies, prote (protein chips), hali tip ice cream.
    Angied725 wrote: »
    Tuna, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, protein bars or shakes, P3s, chicken breasts (most meats are great for protein....if you make an extra serving or two for a meal, you can save the extra servings in storage bowls or bags and it makes for a quick snack or meal later when you're in need of a protein boost)
    Natural yoghurt with protein powder mixed in

• watsup16
    Options
    Thank you all
  • lorriemb
    lorriemb Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    New Direction protein meal replacements: chocolate beverage with fiber, vanilla beverage with fiber, lemon pudding with fiber.

Each has 27g protein, 5g fiber, 200 calories.
  • Malyssam27
    Malyssam27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    pre-cooked chicken skewers from Costco
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    tuna 'salad' in cucumber rolls is the one i'm trying this week (in working on getting more protein in)
  • PeteG7606
    PeteG7606 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just about anything with a decent protein amount is gonna have a high sodium as well. Keep that in mind, adjust accordingly. Power Bar makes low sodium bars with 12g or so of protein. Shop around, read the labels and do a little research on boiled eggs, etc.
  • RhondaS22
    RhondaS22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oikos has a triple 0 yogurt that is higher in protein and a caramel flavor that is not bad.

RS
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MikeEsko wrote: »

How many grams of protein are you getting? I have been eatink the oikos triple 0 protein yogurts.

I use Oikos triple zero vanilla. It has zero fat, I think 7 grams of sugar and 22g of protein and it doesn't taste bad. I mix blueberries in with it. The plain kind has zero sugar but I'm scared to try it cuz I like sweet stuff!