"WeLosersWin" Closed

Options
ChristiCare
ChristiCare Posts: 179 Member
Well here is our thread, So I guess I will start.

I am a mother of 2 girls ages 20 and 18. My husband has 2 children 22 and 20. I own/work in a daycare center so even though ours are grown we still get lots of kid time.

Replies

• salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    my name is Sally and married to a wonderful supportive man of 13 years, we have 3 kids, Aaron is 15, Alex is 11 and Ashlee is 9. I am almost 34 years old and I work in an Insurance Company for almost 10 years..
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm ReNae, I am 40 something and my DH and I have 2 fun filled daughters. Addison is 14 and Emilia is almost 11. We live in Maine and enjoy the outside. I have worked in the printing industry for nearly 25 years.

I've been on MFP since Feb 22, 2011 - love love love it!
  • salmat77
    Options
    What is DH?? I see it a lot and not quite sure what it stands for?
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    have been swimming everyday, and would like to track the distance. I see you have a distance counter, i have searched everywhere for it and cannot find it.

has anybody heard from marysfit? she just may not have signed on yet and gotten her info
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Salmart>> DH = dear husband :heart: :heart:

crsti>> looks like you found a ticker. I used tickerfactory.com We could create a ticker to share for our challenge if you want to. My calories burned ticker is shared by a dozen or more people in a July challenge.

I tried to send Mary a message but I'm not sure it got to her. I just copied her username into a message and sent it earlier. ?? Maybe we can find her if we go back to jens original email.

I'll be doing my crunches tonight!
    Enjoy your weekend!
  • Hartach
    Hartach Posts: 18
    Options
    My name is Chrissy. I am 31 years old. I live in Wichita, KS. I have a 7 year old dog named Zoe. I have been a member of MFP since May 2011.
  • Hartach
    Options
    OK so what do we do?
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    ok each week our head leader will give us a link to what the daily challenges are for that week. There are points designated for each excercise or challenge we succeed at. check out the lots to loose challenge link and she expains it in more detail.

This weeks link is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/302833-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-1
    I just printed it so I didnt have to keep going back to it.

Our team mates are
    SALMAT77
    RENAEJAE
    HARTACH
    CRSTICARE (me)
    MARYSFIT

send them a friend request. I havent heard from MARYSFIT yet, I am assuming she is working today and just hasn't gotten to sign on yet.

We of course have this board we are talking on and then another discussion board with all the teams we are going to beat, lol. that link is Lots to loose challenge week 1

at the end of each day everybody will send me what they did for the day and I will forward it to the head boss. She will post it on the master spreadsheet.

I think I got it all, let me know if you are unsure of anything I will see what i can find out for you. This is my first time but have learned lots just today.
    Christi
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    everything on a points system:
    For every mile that you run/walk/bike/swim/etc, you will earn 10 points for your team.
    For daily nutrition challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 5 points for your team
    For daily exercise challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 10 points for your team

Every day, the team captains will need to send me their team's total points for the day. I will maintain a spreadsheet for everyone to monitor the progress of the challenge.

For the exercise challenges - You choose if you use weights or not. This is all about pushing yourself to do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do, BUT we don't want anyone getting hurt. The main idea is to go DISTANCE. The Nutrition & Exercise challenges are EXTRA.

::::Week 1 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 Crunches
    Saturday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0
    Monday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side)
    Thursday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    ok ladies how did everybody do? I got 5pts for under calories, 10 pts for crunches, and 30 pts for walking 3 miles

45 total,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have to send it in tonight so send me what ya got

I am also going to request and see if we can send them in the following day vs the night of.
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    hows it going. i have to report our numbers for each day on the following morning. I am sure she would still let us report yesterdays numbers.

Dont give up this early into the challenge,
    crsticare
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    How's everybody doing in the challenges? Don't give up, even if you have a slow start it may take us a couple of days to get it going. Everyday is a new start and we will all have a bad day or two but we just have to pick up and restart each time. We were all interested in this for a reason, we just have to hang in there and keep plugging away to reach our goals. We will be so happy when we do, and think of how good we will look and feel.

Just in case you missed the messages
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303167--weloserswin-closed
    is our team link so we can talk and encourage everybody.

And:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/302833-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-1
    is the whole challenge link she also updates and keeps each team notified of information through this website.

This is the points website where we can see what each team is doing, although our team only has 60 pts for yesterday, (not 255, i goofed and she is going to be correcting it)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArutZf2a6Ry5dEFsN0ZFOENrd3hjWEJJTHdUVkxxaHc&hl=en_US#gid=2
    There are 3 tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet, each tab shows different information

i have only heard from one person, so please let me know if you are still interested in the challenge, I know some may be busy expecially with the weekend, so i dont want to jump the gun and assume a loss of interest.

Our Team mates:
    MarysFit
    RenaeJae
    crsticare
    salmat77
    Hartach
  • salmat77
    Options
    I met my water challenge, but not my windsheild wipers thingys!!! I did walk again 2 miles.. go me!!! I am really bad about logging on the weekends so you may not see this on my daily logs.. I will get back in on Monday I am quite faithful to MFP Monday thru Friday!!!
  • MarysFit
    MarysFit Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi team. I'm here. Had family visiting for a few days and they just left. I'm working to get caught up so I can post
    good numbers for Monday!
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    YEAH MARY!

Ready throught the links and let me know if you have any questions, It seems like alot of info but really if you just take it day by day it really is not bad..

Christi
  • salmat77
    Options
    Welcome Mary!!!
  • salmat77
    Options
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Yes I was under Sodium today, woo hoo!!!

Walked only 1 mile, injured my foot somehow.. but will start the recumbent bike tomorrow morning... Hopefully that will be better for me!!
  • Hartach
    Options
    How do we count the exercises (crunches, etc.) on our exercise diary?
  • ChristiCare
    Options
    you can search for excercises, just as you do the food, not everything is in there so I just pick kinda what does the same muscles and go from there. I underestimate mine just so that I dont get to much credit I would rather be given to little than to much:flowerforyou:
  • Hartach
    Options
    Thanks. I put it under Calisthenics. I usually underestimate too. But I don't think I did this time. Just guessed.