High protein low fat?

Options
Is any one else finding they don't get enough protein? After 5 days of tracking my diet that is my reccurring problem... too much fat and not enough protein. We had grilled salmon today which was quite good. Any one got any good suggestions for other foods that are high in protein but low in fat? Except cottage cheese, I hate cottage cheese - oh and I hate tuna too sorry lol!
Thanks, Tabby x

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Have you tried greek yogurt???
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, and more chicken! LOL Any lean meat, eggs, peanuts, raw if possible, the peanuts that is. Fish is an exellent source of protein. I like protein shakes too.EAS makes a great chocolate whey protein shake that tastes great! Good luck!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, turkey bacon, ... they are two of my favs.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    low fat cheese, protein meal bars (the special k chocolate and peanut butter one is my favorite :-) )
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    tuna, plain greek yogurt with your own added fruit, chicken!
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    Egg whites
    Beans
    Turkey
    Quinoa
    Tuna
    Nonfat yogurt
  • bvalosek
    bvalosek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    raw beef straight from the cow

pepper to taste
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Too much fat, or too little protein? Sorry but those are critical for good health. The issue is "TOO MANY CARBS"
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, never enough protein...

Have you tried the 0% greek yogurt? 22g of protein. You're better off getting the plain and mixing it with your own fruit to avoid added sugar.
    Also Tuna and Bumble Bee makes a salmon in a pouch that's pretty good. Both have around 26g of protein.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Any lean meat that you do like. As it's summer, I grill everything on planks, so no added fat there. Tofu if you get sick of meat. It takes a little while to learn how to prepare it so it doesn't taste nasty, but once you get it, it's pretty good.

If you aren't too worried about sodium, the prepackaged veggie "meats" are high protein and pretty darn tasty.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, and more chicken! LOL Any lean meat, eggs, peanuts, raw if possible, the peanuts that is. Fish is an exellent source of protein. I like protein shakes too.EAS makes a great chocolate whey protein shake that tastes great! Good luck!

Ditto that and veggie burgers, greek yogurt, and then more chicken on top of that....LOL

Good luck!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love greek yoghurt and I always forget about quinoa... I think I actually have some in the cupboard lol! For those of you worrying I'm not eating enough fat don't panic I'm definately getting plenty :)