Vitamins?!

Options
So far I'm smashing my calorie goals and mostly able to stay below the daily recommendation of fat, sugar and carbs but my vitamin A and C is waaaaay over today and it's all come from one home made salad I had for lunch. It doesn't make sense to me that I'm supposed to cut down on my veg because I'm having too many vitamins. Is this going to affect my weight loss? Is it bad to be so far over my vitamin intake? I still have almost 600 cals to go but not eating anything with vitamins in for dinner and still being healthy is confusing. izhokwjmczcw.png

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If the vitamins are coming from food, it is very hard to overdose. Too much beta-carotene can give an orangey tone to the skin but again, it is very, very rare.

Too much Vitamin A can be dangerous but you are nowhere near those levels. You just pee out excess Vitamin C since it is not absorbed by the body.

In other words: relax, you are fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hard to have vitamin toxicity if those vitamins are coming through food unless you're eating a crap ton of liver. You are nowhere near vitamin A toxicity and you just piss out excess C.
  • helenashleypearson
    helenashleypearson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cool, not dying thanks guys :#