A Bacon Cheeseburger - 783 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
OK...seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!
LAWD, gotta get better at this....

Replies

• kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    make one at home...only like..450
  • kylatreymom
    kylatreymom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! did you eat that??? It's really crazy how many calories are in some of this food nowadays. i try to go to McDonalds for a quick meal and its hard to stay within my calorie limit.. AHHH!!
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    thanks! i'll try making one at home...i mean, i dont really eat cheeseburgers but was just craving it...i guess i shoulda fought the craving....
    NEXT TIME!
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Isn't it crazy that before starting to count your calories, you didn't even think about how much something you ate was?!?! Before starting on here I remember getting McDonald's for breakfast, fast food for lunch and then again for dinner - one day I calculated all of what I would eat, I was amazed by how many calories I was eating and not even realizing it. Thank God for MFP. :-)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know - there were ring doughnuts around at work today and I thought about having one as a better choice than a jam doughnut. I checked it before I ate it (thankfully). 396 calories. For a freaking ring doughnut! Sheesh!
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    i am telling you....those doughnuts are the devil! loool
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, that's not too shocking - I mean we all know (I think) that a cheeseburger isn't going to be low. Look what I just noticed on Gordon Biersch's nutritional info online today:

Chicken Pesto Fettucini 1 serving
    2160 calories !!!!!!!!!! (I did not make a typo. See their website)
    142g fat
    123g carbs
    98g protein
    3420mg sodium

So compared to their Gordon Biersch Cheeseburger, you could have 2.8 cheeseburgers or 1 order of their chicken pesto fettucini. Classic example of needing to see the numbers! One could easily think, hmm, chicken & pasta, yeah that's way better than a CHEESEBURGER. Although that would be wrong. (I'm not endorsing either of these - they are both horrible choices for me anyway.)

Gordon Biersch Cheeseburger 1 serving
    770 calories
    46g fat
    25g carbs
    62g protein
    1520mg sodium

:) Scary stuff.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't beat your self up, how many did you eat? besides if you work out hard you can burn off a good deal of those calories, and don't forget tomorrow is another day!
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Man, I make a killer Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger at home for less than 200 calories! Almost 800 calories for a burger? Does it come with a free difibulator as well? *kitten*, that's ridiculous!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, went to Wetherspoons and had a wrap today said in the menu that it was 375Kcals so anyway came and it was southern fried chicken!!!! Not chicken breast so I ate it and then when I logged it at home loads of kcals. Not over the daily amount but feel bad about eating anything else today lol.
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    Don't beat your self up, how many did you eat? besides if you work out hard you can burn off a good deal of those calories, and don't forget tomorrow is another day!

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...yea, i just had one... and i am going to BURN IT ALL OFF....but it just puts things in perspective.... :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have steak .. or crab legs - crab legs aren't fattening at all!

I'm cutting WAY back on ground beef - i'd like to cut it out altogether - it's just FAT and very little nutrition, I think
    also, cheese on a sandwich only adds fat - I'm saving MY cheese for the low fat kind & in cubes so I can taste it =D
    and don't even get me started on that hamburger bun ...

live and learn
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    The key words here are bacon - cheese - and burger... all sound high cal to me!! I agree with kalel... make it at home and you can use turkey bacon, lowfat cheese, lean ground beef, and a wheat bun or sandwich/bun flatbread to cut the cals! Oh well, better luck next time! :)
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Yea, I used to eat a double-whopper from Burger King, suck down a large coke and some fries like it was nothing. Now, if I am craving a whopper, I get a single meat with water and no fries. I still feel guilty because they are dripping with calories - BUT - as long as its not a lifestyle, its ok to have one every now and then...

About donughts... Yea, I ate one the other day and it was SOOOOOOOOO freakin good! I burned it off when I ran though :)
  • kylatreymom
    kylatreymom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes exactly. My co worker and i were both craving a krispy kreme donut and we split it. by doing that i satisfied my sugar craving and ate less that 100 calories. But yes @Brooke1585 i was eating the same thing, breakfast, lunch and dinner and was wondering why i was gaining so much weight. Now, if i am craving something from McDonalds, i choose either breakfast or lunch and eat lightly for the rest of the day.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    And thats without the french fries! Its insain what a lot of us lived on. Im glad a lot of places are starting to post calorie counts, it makes you think before you eat.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I use to have TWO Steak, Egg & Cheese Bagels from McDonald's on the weekends. LORD HAVE MERCY!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    to cut my calories and eating junk, when I totally want a fast food burger I ditch the bun and eat the meat and cheese :) I also may do a side salad or fruit just depends
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Have to say I was shocked at some of the calories in burgers - luckily I had looked at the back of the tray liner before I ordered and went for chicken selects.... 385 I think they were !!!!! In the days before mfp tho would have had a burger meal and not thought twice !!!!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Man, I make a killer Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger at home for less than 200 calories! Almost 800 calories for a burger? Does it come with a free difibulator as well? *kitten*, that's ridiculous!

Turkey bacon is the worst it is not even real food!! Get your good saturated fats from the real thing, god created bacon LOL