Good heart rate monitor

Options
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good heart rate monitor? I am using the gear fit 2 and it is incredibly inaccurate. When working out today I took my pulse and it was at 160+ but the gear fit only read 71. That is a ridiculous discrepancy! I tried switching positions and arms and it doesn't matter. I know my blood pressure is super low but i don't know if that would affect anything.

Replies

• Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have used polar products for years and can say nothing bad about them. I currently have a Polar M400 with GPS that I paid less than 200 for.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have used polar products for years and can say nothing bad about them. I currently have a Polar M400 with GPS that I paid less than 200 for.

Agreed about Polar! I have used a Polar ft4 for about 3-4 years and I have never had an issue with it!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    The best ones are the ones that go around your chest, unfortunately they tend to be less comfortable and more expensive.

Other than that, I agree with other: go with Polar!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    Options
    I love my Polar H7
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Wahoo series chest straps. Sync with both ANT+ and BLE
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing and what information are you hoping to glean from it apart from an accurate HR ?

My experience with Polar hasn't been good. Unreliable HR pickup, short battery life.
    FT7 was a nice enough watch but basic HRM functionality. Died early.
    FT60 I really liked, able to customise for my tested VO2 max and Max HR, "fitness test" functionality was interesting. Able to calibrate it for steady state cardio to closely match a power meter's calorie estimates. But it too died early.

Bonus for Polar is very high compatibility with most gym cardio machines.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    Options
    For what it's worth, I've had my Polar H7 for over almost a year and a half and have had to change the battery twice. That's using it about 10-12 hours/week. During summer, a lot more.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    My blaze from fit bit works well and tracks my steps and sleep patterns but I have never checked how accurate it is. I have a chest one but like someone said it was a pain to use.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I use a Polar H7, it pairs easily with any bluetooth enabled phone (I use an iPhone) and also works well with gym equipment. Available between $50-$60 on Amazon.
  • mdrolle
    mdrolle Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I used to use a Polar H7 with a V800 watch, but I did some side-by-side testing of the H7 along with a Scosche Rhythm HRM , (I use the Scosche with the V800 watch). I felt that the H7 and the Scosche were pretty accurate at least when comparing that with a manual pulse count. I also used them both with a group exercise app and they were almost identical with measured heart rate. Long story short, I wear the Scosche to the gym every day so I have a record of exactly what I am doing and rarely use the H7.