Apple Watch

Options
Hi
Can anyone tell me if my move calories burnt on my Apple Watch will give me more calories to eat ? And how do they transfer across?
Thank you

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will get calories to eat due to move calories (if you're more active than your chosen activity level). mfp picks it up from the health app.

• schnuk999
    schnuk999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ah great thank you ! Do I need to set anything on my phone/Watch ?
    Thank for reply !
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You need to connect mfp to the health app, and then give it appropriate permissions (it prompts you to do so as I recall).
  • schnuk999
    schnuk999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you !
  • poetangel
    poetangel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you had luck? I have all permissions turned on for MFP through the Health app, but my workouts aren't showing up in MFP
  • BrownEyedBeth
    BrownEyedBeth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love my Apple watch
  • Michie112g
    Michie112g Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every time there is a new update things get lost from my watch to MFP. It does not show up and I have to sign in and out a few times before it even registers.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    IMO my Apple Watch and MFP don't play that well together, but I love mine anyway. I use TDEE vs NEAT so it doesn't really matter.
  • ewarda13
    ewarda13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Since last update it doesn't show up on mfp. Has anyone figured out how to get it to work again?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ewarda13 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Since last update it doesn't show up on mfp. Has anyone figured out how to get it to work again?

Have you tried restarting your phone? That has solved app/sync on my watch. I didn't have trouble with MFP but did with the last update and Motifit. You can also trash and re-download the MFP app. The Apple Health App is the hub for sending data from various apps to and from the watch.