is almond milk the best milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I think you may find more age friendly information on http://kidshealth.org/en/kids . Myfitnesspal is for users 18 years of age and up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Milk is the best milk. Whole, 2%, 1%, or skim depends on your preference.
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As a kid I had a summer job on a dairy farm, that was almost 50 years ago and to this day I can't even think of consuming milk or milk products.
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. So much calcium, so little calories. 600ml everyday here.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    As a kid I had a summer job on a dairy farm, that was almost 50 years ago and to this day I can't even think of consuming milk or milk products.

You must have worked on a large operation. My grandparents farm was small and super local. If Mom couldn't drive there in 30 minutes or less, we didn't deliver. :) I would never not consume milk or milk products.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    The kind that works best for you is the best kind. I can't have dairy, so cow milk is out. I like both coconut and almond milk for flavor. I find almond milk cheaper (coupons!!!!), so that's what I drink.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I prefer cashew milk. Unsweetened is 25 calories per cup, and it's got a much milder taste and creamier texture than almond milk. It has 50% of my DV for calcium, but little to no protein, so keep that in mind if you have trouble meeting your protein target.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    There are a lot of milks:

Dairy milk (protein, calcium, added Vit D)

Various plant milks -- I like Silk protein nutmilk (10 G protein, calcium, added Vit D. 80 percent less sugar than dairy and 50 percent more calcium).
    Here's the Silk website for nutient info on almond, cashew, coconut and soy milk. They have a "compare to dairy" for each one, including calories. You have to decide the taste for yourself.
    https://silk.com/products