Options
Nutella dip with pretzels - 540 calories
English toffee - 210 calories
McDonald's double cheeseburger - 440 calories
6 piece chicken mcnuggets - 280 calories
Pint of halo top ice cream - 320 calories
And the killer
4 slices of pizza - 1240 calories.

Ugh, such a bad day for the diet, I'm at a loss for words dude, I can't believe I let myself go like this...
I've got nothing else to say

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,126 Member
    Options
    3500 calories over maintenance is one pound of fat. No idea what your maintenance is, but as a male it is likely over 2000 calories a day meaning if we go with 2000 calories you are only 1200 calories over, not even half a pound. Just get back to eating your calorie goal tomorrow.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    3500 cals over your true TDEE would be a pound.

Do you know your true TDEE?
    my questiondid I gain a pound?

No. Chances are you probably ate 1000 cals over your TDEE, so maybe less than a third of a pound at most. Nothing to be concerned about.

• MaryLeuelu
    MaryLeuelu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We all have days like this. No biggy. Back to it tomorrow and go for a walk or something. You are not alone. :)
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I ate about 3000 calories and it was planned...lol no regrets. My maintenence is at 2200 so 800 calories too mamy and you just need 1 or 2 days at a big deficit to counter it. No worries!!
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just don't freak out if you see the scale rise... I'm betting there was a lot of sodium in that pizza. You may even be surprised. When I feel stuck like my weight hasn't been moving, I will have a high calorie day and it seems to restart things for me. You're human and you will have days like these. It's what you do as a whole that matters.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    All your going to see is some water retention if any.. seriously, not a big deal. I think we all have these days. Some are even intentional.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you diet so much your body needs a hard intake of calories to jump start it to loose weight again. Think of it as a cheat day and go hard tomorrow
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I binged for 3 days non stop and refused to log as it would have messed with my head a lot more if I knew exactly how much I ate. Just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. We all do it so don't get down about it.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I binge like that I usually "gain" 3-4 pounds for about 5 days then lose it and am back to where I started before the binge. It's no big deal in the big scheme of things. The water weight from the high salt may take a few days to start going away. I log and weigh myself so I can learn to understand how my body works better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I logged it, my question is did I gain a pound? Or no, I heard 3200 calories = a pound

3500 calories over maintenance would be a pound...but not really because the human body is very adept at utilizing excess energy in the short term...you have to consistently over eat or under eat to override your body's ability to maintain homeostasis.

My maintenance calories are around 2800-3000 per day...so this would mean pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    thats rookie level over-eating. back on track starting now. no harm no foul. making it a habit is where you get in trouble.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on...
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When you learned to ride a bike and fell off did you quit??? No, well.... Just get back on plan and don't let one day ruin your journey.
  • Desert_Bloom
    Desert_Bloom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If ya don't mess up from time to time your goals are too modest. Figure out what to do to get back on the wagon and do it. You can!
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've had 4 days like that this week. I just had lots of social commitments and events going on. But this is my life, not a science experiment. Next week is a new week and I'll be back on track. One fun week with family, friends, and food is nothing in the grand scheme of my entire life. And even if it takes me an extra week to reach my goal, it was still well worth it. Don't beat yourself up. Just go to bed and face tomorrow fresh.