Looking for some accountability friends on here! 70 lbs left to lose

Options
Hi Everyone- I am 28 years old and live in New England.. I am looking for some friends to keep each other accountable on here! I started with about 100 lbs to lose.. I am down 30 so have around 70 left. I have been yo-yo dieting my whole life, and I am hoping this is the time that will finally be different. Would love to meet others in a similar situation.

Replies

• SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have 70+ to lose but have only lost 7 so far. I'm fairly new, going 3 weeks, but would love to keep each other motivated :) and learn what you did to lose 30 pounds lol
  • lexington88
    lexington88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for 70 and have lost just shy of 10 so far. Feel free to add me :)
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'd tried to set up an accountability group on my own when I first started losing weight, but found it to be spotty/sporadic, and people weren't willing to call me out and help me get back on track if I was "misbehaving." I'm not sure if this would be up your alley or not, but I came across it a few months ago, and combining it with MFP has been a huge success for me. I figured it doesn't hurt to throw it out there, right?

There's an online program called TERRAfit. It's an accountability program where people can be on either competitive or motivational support type teams (many coaches try to keep it one way or the other). It's been great, because in addition to the tracking of macronutrients on here, I get "points" every day for healthy things, have the added assist of wanting to avoid negative points for foods I need to avoid, and my team is a great, encouraging group of people, where we text and chat and help one another to get through our challenges.

What I like most about the combo of MFP/TERRAfit is that it's a realistic program with a great breadth of available foods that isn't a fad diet. It's about creating and continuing healthy habits -- a healthy lifestyle!

If this is something you're interested in learning more about, I really recommend you go on their site to learn more. They have a 12-week challenge starting on Monday, and there are 3, 4, and 12-week challenges that start up at least a few times per month from what I've seen since I started getting into it (May).

One thing I ask of you if you do check it out: please consider using my personal link to sign up. I get bonus points for anyone who uses it! While I don't technically *need* the points, I'd sure love the extra boost!
    https://terrafit.com/joinme/sara-blom
  • mlevine1112
    mlevine1112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m just joining today. I have 40-50 pounds I would like to lose. I’ve also been a chronic yo-yo dieter forever so I want to make it stick this time! I definitely need help with accountability
  • lscalercio20
    lscalercio20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi add me! I'm down about 13 lbs, 20 inches and have another 100 to lose
  • liser20
    liser20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs so far, and need to lose another 70 or so, sounds like we're in the same boat! Feel free to add me!
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have 77lbs to lose, and have lost 11 so far. I'm always looking for accountability friends :)
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm very close. I've lost 25 as of today and have another 55 to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Everybody has their ups and downs while trying to lose weight were not perfect it happens. I slipped TWICE and I started intermittent fasting a month ago and I've already lost 14lbs water weight and fat plus muscle gain. I have 50 more pounds to go ! We can all do this trust me!! Stay motivated and don't let nothing get in your way