CrossFit

Options
Has anyone ever done CrossFit? What kind of results did you see?

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but great things and was actually checking it out online yesterday. Thinking about doing an intro session in a few weeks.

interested to hear what others say as well. thanks for posting.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wish the nearest one wasnt 45 minutes away from me otherwise I would join!

I have a friend who goes, and she is in INSANE shape! everybody there is!
    She has 3 children, and is rock hard and super stong! They are always doing these contests/marathon things that look so challenging yet fun!
    She has been going for a few years though, even when pregnant, so Im not sure how fast she got results, but the workouts are intense!
    I think its the BEST option for people who can do it!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 10 months and I am super strong now! I lost 3% body fat (I was thin to begin with) and have achieved an overall tight and firm body. I couldn't do a real pushup, now I can crank out 20 in a row no problem! It is definitely a great program, especially for someone who is timid about lifting weights. They really got me confident with weight training, I do squat cleans, power cleans, deadlifts, all kinds of olympic style lifting now, which really made me see nice changes.

Be warned...it is ADDICTING! I go 3-4 times a week and if I ever miss a class I go through withdrawals! There are major endorphins flying around after these intense classes!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Our Crossfit gym is also 45 minutes away, so my husband does the WOD on his own after getting it off of the website. It's possible to do but only if you already know the proper techniques for weight lifting. So anyway, yea, Crossfit WORKS.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Haven't been to one but would in a heartbeat if one was closer to me. I've been advised by many people that be careful with the gym you chose. Make sure that they focus on form and training, not just overall success. I guess it's a place to get easily injured from not really getting the right support. My PA at my Dr office owns one and she has provided a lot of good advice. Wish it was closer to me, I like the over-the-top push.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Almost 9 months ago, I started out with boot camp run similar to CrossFit but with less equipment. I'm still doing this 2 days a week. I added in actual CrossFit one day a week earlier this year. (I don't always make the CrossFit class, just because other things in life interfere.) Last month, I added Olympic weightlifting one day a week as well.

Since I started, I'm down 36lbs. More importantly, I'm down 6" on my waist, 5" on my hips. I feel so much better than I've felt in years. I have energy. I have strength. I can breathe. I have confidence.

I'm still 31lbs from my goal, but I'm getting there. I'm progressing slowly but surely.

I strongly recommend at least giving CF a try. It's hard - really hard - but the benefits are worth it.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Crossift is good for fitness and functional strength. However, some crossfit gyms are lifting's version of boxercise. The gyms that a real crossfit gyms are great but there are some that tone it down to make it easier and it takes a lot away from the program.
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a fan of gyms, especially when there's lots of lurking going on. And I HATE running, or mindless treadmill walking. So I gave Crossfit a try after a Groupon lured me in, because the box is only two blocks from my house.
    After 7 weeks of Boot Camp class (focusing on techniques), and only going on Tuesday and Thursday for 1 hour each morning, I have lost 7 pounds and 5 inches.
    I have done no other exercise whatsoever other than these two hours per week. I don't even run to my car if it's raining. ;-)
    I am hooked.
  • SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Where I am going they will be focusing on each individual so I'm not worried about that. I'm excited now after hearing all your results! Thank you.