Slim Fast/Equate Weightloss Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They are full sugar . I used BOTH but not to do the weight loss for me because that's impossible. I wanted to get more protein in but that wasn't a good idea . Just diet and exercise and get a protein powder something without all the sugars and carbs in those slim fast and equate
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try premier protein ! Best protein drink out there trust me . 30G protein . 1 G sugar . 4G carbs .
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I use them for quick breakfast or a snack when I'm missing calories, but never necessarily as a meal replacement. I won't ever drink something instead of a meal for lunch or dinner. Breakfast is okay for me since im never hungry when waking up, so it's just enough to drink one.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have some such shakes in the cupboard but I would never use them as suggested. I just like the taste of them and the convenience of being able to make something practically instant that is reasonably nutritious, fairly low cal, portable, and tastes good, is why I like them. I maybe have 2 a month rather than 2 a day.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The problem with them as I see it is - and I tried this with a product called Huel for a few months, not a diet shake but a supposed meal replacement - is that drinking your food is really really REALLY boring after a while, even if you do have a proper dinner/main meal once a day.

I'm sure that works great for some but I like food. Delicious home made nutritious fresh food.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ady092 wrote: »
    Has replacing 1-2 meals helped anyone lose weight? & have a normal dinner with family?

Only in the VERY beginning did I do this, and only for about two to three months o were meal shakes a part of my diet staple. I wanted to lose weight so bad, and it worked.

Since then, I got bored of the shakes and they were much too high in sugar, so I replaced them with actual food. It's a lot better to calorie count and cook your own meals for the long term. You'll also keep losing weight at the deficit too. If you stick to meal shakes, you're either in it for the long haul or you're going to get bored of drinking them and not know how to replace them.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using smoothies instead of those replacement shakes. While most probably have more calories per serving, you can customize them pretty much with anything you want. Adding protein powder, chia seeds, etc. can provide additional health/nutrition benefits. And they seem to keep me full for several hours usually. I usually use them in the morning so I can drink it on the way to work. I started that five years ago and it's a "habit" I maintain today. As others have mentioned, adapt something you can do the rest of your life. Otherwise it's self-defeating.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hazzaram wrote: »
    I can't eat in the morning. It makes me feel sick. So I have a chocolate slim fast shake to tide me over until my first break at work. It's light enough and fills me up. I wouldn't use it to replace lunch or dinner, though. I fill the rest of my day up with real food.

I do this too. I'm always in a rush in the mornings so I just grab one for breakfast. It helps with not taking my medicine on an empty stomach. On the days I do eat breakfast, just watch the calories the same as you would a shake. It all comes down to calories, not the shake or the food.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    HarlemNY17 wrote: »
    Try premier protein ! Best protein drink out there trust me . 30G protein . 1 G sugar . 4G carbs .

these are a great supplement - but says right on them not meant to be a meal replacement!