How long will it take me to reach my goal?

Options
my starting weight was 165 (as of 2 weeks ago). Today I weigh 160.8. How long did it take to lose 45 lbs for everyone? I'm 5'6.5... My husband and I's 3 year anniversary is September 13.. And ideally I would like to weigh 145 lbs then but if 150 I'm happy. My ultimate goal again is 115. I eat between 1200-1300 calories a day and work out 1 hour a day and chase my 1 an 2 year old around the rest of the day. Right now I eat way more than enough protein and fiber and eat about 60g of sugar a day. Lots of salads, salmon, an chicken.

Thanks! Just looking for some support!

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    everyone has a different frame, so i can't say for sure, but i think 115 might be too light for someone who's 5'6.5". maybe 120-130?

either way, i want you to be happy and fit...and that's for you to decide....good luck! i'm 5'6"--starting weight is 160 and my goal is 135.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    http://www.getfittn.com/fitnesstracker/calcgoalweightintake.aspx

a fun calculator to see how many weeks till your goal! just type in your calorie deficit that you have your settings on and if you follow that exactly then there ya go!!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your final weight kind of depends on your body size. If your small framed you can probably do 115 okay, but if not then don't stress about it as long as your toned and healthy! As for the Sept. 13 goal, that is my birthday and I hope to have 16 pounds gone by then. I know that is asking for a lot, but I'm doing an August challenge through MFP and I'm going to work my tail off so that I can be in jeans that I haven't been able to fit in a couple of years! Good luck!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    everybody's body is different so nobody is going to have an exact answer for you. If you stick to it and are really motivated then you should be down to 150 within a month or so. Good luck to you!
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Way too many variables, no one can determine. You might lose 2lbs a month or 15 or maybe even 0. Depends on your diet, your exercise plan, if you slip up, how many calories you eat, plateaus etc...
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    When I lost the 40lbs last year, it took almost 3 months at 1200 calories. I am 5'7
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6.5" and it would be impossible for me to weigh 115. Now...I am not a small boned person and tend to build muscle. My goal is 135 or so and at that weight I get called skinny ALOT. I would think to get down to 115 you would have to be built like a bird.

The first two weeks on a weight loss journey you will tend to lose weight a lot faster than you will after you settle in to things. After that, 1 lb. a week is a good, healthy average. Some weeks it will be slightly over and some weeks slightly under. Remember, you are in this for the long haul and you want the weight to stay off. I would think that 150 (or close to it) by mid-September is doable though.

Good luck!
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to loose 42 pounds. I'm 5'2" and went from 162 to 120 lbs in that time. That was eating 1200 calories a day and not eating back my exercise calories. I did a brisk walk for 40 minutes every day and did an exercise DVD every other day if possible.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to predict accurately unless without data. And "laboratory" conditions.

When I was obese, I was able to predict my weight/date within a day/pound or two. I had a lot to lose, followed a very regular diet, had a very regular exercise routine, and I weighed every day.

I made weight predictions that were very accurate. Those predictions are at the top of this web page:

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

(Note that since I got into normal body fat range, my weight loss pattern changed radically, part due to how my body reacted, another factor being that I changed my diet and exercise patterns.)

If you really want to figure out what you'll weight at a certain date, plot your weight, eat the same or similar foods every day, do the same exercises regularly, and see what you can see.

Or you could just say "I'm losing 1 pound a week; that's four pounds a month and if I'm wrong, who cares?" ;-)
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also 5'6.5 my start weight was 157lbs, currently at 152.2lbs. My target is 133lbs...hopefully by mid/late Sept. I agree that 115lbs seems quite low...but everyone's different.150 as a mini target seems realistic. Just keep going and you'll get there. It always helps to have something to aim for.
  • AsianTexan
    AsianTexan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is a helpful calculator:
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_loss.php
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dividing it into average loss and writing down what you should be at each week could be good - if your actual is below that, you'll be happy and if it goes above you have time to think and rejig to get it all back on track.

My goals originally were to lose 100lb, no set date, and lose 20lb of it before I go on holiday in August. Since I've been on MFP for a month I've seen how I've gone on and decided to set a series of dates (decided getting there by my birthday would mean a two-ish pound per week loss), done a little excel chart with a weekly constant weight loss to get me down to my target, so I can ensure I'm keeping to or below.
  • brittanylynne1209
    Options
    115 would be way small.. But if I can get to 130 I would be in heaven.. Maybe 125 at the lightest. And I meant to say 5'5.5! Thanks so much for the encouraging words!!!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I lost the 40lbs last year, it took almost 3 months at 1200 calories. I am 5'7

Jeez! It's taken me 5 months to lose 18 pounds, and I cycle 100 miles per week! I wish I had your metabolism.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!