I can't change my eating habits!!

Options
Every week never fails. I go through the week thinking I'm going to start on Monday... Monday comes and I get through 1/2 of the day going strong and then the next minute I'm in a bag of chips, candy, etc. I know it takes a long time to develop a healthy eating schedule, but why can't my "being overweight" trump my eating habits. Maybe I need better motivation to not go back to my unhealthy eating?? I don't know.. any advice?

Replies

• Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    At least you're consistent and never fail.
    You gotta want this. Motivation is not always the answer.
    Do you want it?

Yes, I want it, but even then I go back.. I don't understand it. This has been going on for like 3 months now. I could've been at least 20 pounds lighter or something.. ugh.
  • Rajions
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard.

Chose your hard. :)

That's deep lol
  • shampbj
    shampbj Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Are you going for the chips and candy because you are hungry? If so, you may need to plan your meals to be more filling (more protein and fiber) or pack a healthy snack you can reach for when you get the munchies.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Look up the Stanford Marshmallow experiment and you'll go some way to understanding why...

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you by any chance eat chips and candy because you like it and because you have it available? What motivation does your self on Tuesday-Sunday have for being normal weight some time next year?

It will take forever if you don't get your things together. What can help, is not buying chips and candy, and planning meals that are in line with your goals, and not deeming foods you like, unhealthy, because that will only increase your desire for it.
  • Rajions
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You're trying to do a diet you can't stick too. I eat chips and ice cream frequently. I just eat ONE SERVING, account for it in my daily calories. The rest of the time is food that I need to fulfill my macro/micro nutrient needs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

When I start to eat my one serving, I eat an extra one and that how it starts going bad.
  • Rajions
    Options
    shampbj wrote: »
    Are you going for the chips and candy because you are hungry? If so, you may need to plan your meals to be more filling (more protein and fiber) or pack a healthy snack you can reach for when you get the munchies.

Sometimes I get a craving for something salty or sweet and that's how I end up going to the junk isle and eating the whole bag.
  • Rajions
    Options
    Do you by any chance eat chips and candy because you like it and because you have it available? What motivation does your self on Tuesday-Sunday have for being normal weight some time next year?

It will take forever if you don't get your things together. What can help, is not buying chips and candy, and planning meals that are in line with your goals, and not deeming foods you like, unhealthy, because that will only increase your desire for it.

I work at a gas station so it's kind of hard to avoid it. We also get to eat the food we serve which isn't healthy at all. I basically live there so I think that's why I switch back to eating unhealthy. I can definitely see a difference when I'm not at work.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Rajions wrote: »

I work at a gas station so it's kind of hard to avoid it. We also get to eat the food we serve which isn't healthy at all. I basically live there so I think that's why I switch back to eating unhealthy. I can definitely see a difference when I'm not at work.

Are they force feeding you? Could you just, Idk, say "no thanks"?
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Log it, log it.
    Log all of it accurately. That's all