Is anyone losing weight for gastric sleeve surgery?

Options
I am looking for friends on MFPal.

Replies

• sfblackbeauty
    sfblackbeauty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am. I literally just started. I need to meal prep. I'm just starting my 1200 calorie fluid and food meal plan and I am in Northern California and having my surgery through Kaiser. :)
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I had my gastric bypass on June 8th. It will be officially two months ago tomorrow. It is an exciting experience. Hard but I am managing. Iporter where are you in the process? sfblackbeauty when is your surgery?
  • amber0o
    amber0o Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on bypass in January, I have 20 lbs to lose before surgery. I'd really like more MFP friends going through similar situations!
  • MDSanta
    MDSanta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had my surgery a little over a month ago. I'm pretty sure once you hit that fluid only diet a month prior to surgery you'll lose more than 20 lbs. Personally started the liquid diet earlier than told by replacing both breakfast and lunch and keeping dinner (to get more used to all liquid when the time came) and overall lost about 30-40lbs. by surgery day.
  • xArlenex
    xArlenex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass June 28th and i lost already 58lbs. I'm in the pure diet right now and it been going great. Very excited about all the changes. Add me!
  • blove704
    blove704 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. I am in the process. I have 2 to 3 months to go. I'm getting my sleeve through Sharp. Southern California. Add me...
  • dalennahessling2017
    dalennahessling2017 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I had bypass in march 2017. Overall doing well. The biggest thing to say is make sure to chew, chew, chew. Don't rush eating. And don't drink 30 minutes before or after you eat. The experience is different for everyone but starting to make small changes before surgery will assist you in succeeding after surgery. I had my surgery at Sharp Memorial in San Diego, CA.
  • Soydura
    Soydura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to MFPal and just discovered this forum. First, I wish the best to everyone doing the surgery and to those planning to do it. Second, I'd like to share a little bit of my story with you guys. I'm a 39 year old female, mother of 3 and I need to lose 100 lbs to return to the previous body I had 7 years ago. I've looking for ways to avoid the surgery myself. To my luck, I found an app called EasyLoss 3.0 a Virtual Gastric Bypass Band Hypnosis (Free). This is a virtual surgery experienced through hypnosis. I started this about 3 weeks ago, and just listened to Session 1, 3 times in the first week. Almost inmediately after these sessions, I have found an inner strength to make life changes. I was addicted to diet coke, I ate sugary foods often, plenty of carbs, and hardly drank any water. I stopped almost radically all these food addictions and issues. I also recently found Keto Diet, and 8fit app for exercise. After implementing Keto, a little exercise, and drinking lots of water, I've lost 15 pounds already, in about 3 weeks. I'm now full of energy, never hungry and more happy. My back pain and migraines has disappeared as well. I still have a long way to go, but now I have more hope. I think we can all find the power inside of us to improve ourselves and feel better. I wish good luck to everyone on the weight loss journey.
  • lporter0813
    lporter0813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I apologize for not seeing these posts sooner. I'm really happy you are willing to share your journeys. I think if we stick together we can find out some useful information. My story is I'm 53. I decided in February that I wanted to get gastric sleeve gastrectomy surgery. I live in NY and I have Empire insurance with the State. With my insurance its a long process (they have you do 7 months of nutrition) and then there are ALOT of other steps (2 psychologicals, a cardiac appt., ultrasound, upper GI, endoscopy, 2 eating classes, nutrition, a sleep study...) before you even get to the surgery part. So now it's August, and I finally have a surgery date of October 17th. BUT I must have met all the requirements and lost my pre-surgery weight (15or 20 lbs) by October 2nd's appointment. I lost a little prior to My Fitness Pal (MFP), and with MFP I've lost 8 lbs. I'm switching things up a little and eating more of an Atkin's diet (although my diet is The Shephard's diet). I'm hoping the switch from stricter calorie counting to eating protein, fats and little to no carbs/sugar will work to help me lose that last bit of weight. I'm having the surgery at St. Peter's Hospital, Albany, NY. I hope we all can learn from each other and make some friends through our individual journeys. Pick a few people to talk to here. I'll be checking back more often. Thanks for the posts.
  • cafc1ormy
    cafc1ormy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm having the sleeve op on 11th September
  • lporter0813
    Options
    Hi cafc1ormy! Are you excited, scared or a little of both? I am sure I'm going to be a bundle of nerves that day.
  • jcrossle713
    jcrossle713 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am!!! I'm having VSG and currently working on losing my pre-surgery weight for my surgeon. :) anyone VSG or RNY feel free to add me.
  • lporter0813
    Options
    cafc1ormy - Good luck today and prayers for quick healing!