Best diet foods?

Options
cutiejncxx
cutiejncxx Posts: 35 Member
Something easy and simple to cook! If possible, a few things for breakfast, lunch , dinner and snacks. I usually just try eating oatmeal for breakfast or grits (100-120 calories) and then the same ole fruit for snacks or 90 calorie yogurt or granola bars, then for lunch and dinner I am stuck and usually end up eating a frozen smart ones or lean cuisine dinner. I want to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and proteins as well.

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Any food can work .
    The best food is something you find both delicious and filling and worth the calories.
  • cutiejncxx
    cutiejncxx Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Is it true that you can eat whatever you want as long as you're within your daily calorie range ? Sometimes I'll have a candybar around 240 calories but I'll try to watch what I eat the rest of the day to stay within range. Sometimes I feel like I am messing up my progress by doing this
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's all about eating less than you burn, CICO (calories in, calories out). You can lose weight by eating nothing but junk food as long as you are under your calorie goal. Whether it's healthy or not is a different argument. I say all things in moderation.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Definitely water

Seconded
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    There are foods that are more "nutrient dense". But the "healthy foods" designation is funny. If what you're eating keeps you healthy and helps you to reach your macro/micro nutrient goals, that's "healthy".
    For me, I eat pretty much whatever I want trying more to focus on 80/20 eating. Lol, though the past couple of weeks I haven't. I've been eating out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything in a week? Is that healthy? I've seen great results but for some reason I have no energy
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i think you are over thinking it - lunch/dinner - have some protein (chicken, pork, shrimp); have some vegetable, have some rice and voila
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    bacon fried in butter.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cutiejncxx wrote: »
    Something easy and simple to cook! If possible, a few things for breakfast, lunch , dinner and snacks. I usually just try eating oatmeal for breakfast or grits (100-120 calories) and then the same ole fruit for snacks or 90 calorie yogurt or granola bars, then for lunch and dinner I am stuck and usually end up eating a frozen smart ones or lean cuisine dinner. I want to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and proteins as well.

Breakfast ....100 calories isn't really a meal

I do - Greek yogurt "parfait" with Fiber One cereal and chopped nuts (protein, fiber and fat)
    OR homemade egg McMuffin on a high fiber English muffin and 2% cheese (protein, fiber and fat)
    OR oatmeal made with milk (for protein) and chopped fruit.

Ditch the granola bar unless it's high(er) fiber and low(er) sugar. Snacks - cheese sticks, nuts, cottage cheese, veggies with hummus dip, apple slices with nut butter.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Definitely water

Seconded

This would have been super funny to you if you had seen her other now deleted thread.

Oh man tell me more
  • queerpenix
    queerpenix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a decent amount of protein in the morning: boiled eggs, cottage cheese, Protein shakes. That typically keeps my appetite under control for half the day. Plenty of water, I aim for 8-10 cups a day. Lots of veggies with dinner.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Definitely water

Seconded

This would have been super funny to you if you had seen her other now deleted thread.

Oh man tell me more

I'm afraid to. My warning just expired.

Dm me bro