Beat chocolate cravings

Options
cask16
cask16 Posts: 196 Member
I know that snacking, particularly on chocolate, is undermining all the efforts in putting in through exercise - in working out consistently and most of my meals are fairly healthy.

So, any ideas please for low calorie chocolate / chocolate flavoured snacks?

Ps I've tried other sweet things e.g. Jelly and I always send up wanting chocolate !

Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Chocolate doesn't undermine your weight loss efforts unless you go over your calorie goal. It doesn't interfere your nutritional goals if you're otherwise eating a well rounded diet.

If you want chocolate, chances are nothing else will satisfy you.

But does it satisfy you or does it just make you want more and more?

You have to decide for yourself.
  • cask16
    Options
    Good points re: limits!

I'm also trying to limit my intake :)

Are fudgsicles available in the uk?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate several times a week. It doesn't undermine my exercise, I just have to ensure that it doesn't cause me to go over my calorie limit (like any food).

I've found it helpful to eat chocolate that I find really satisfying. This way I'm okay having a smaller portion of it.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Seconding Ghiradelli dark squares. I think the 70% dark is only 55 calories per.

I also like the stevia chocolate bars (Lily's or Trader Joe's has their own kind called Simply Lite). You have to have more control to not eat the whole bar but they are made with stevia and have a lot of fiber, so less calories and sugar than regular chocolate.
  • cask16
    Options
    Thanks all - I'm making notes :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of dark chocolate caramel cubes with sea salt most evenings for desert...
  • seanoxmix
    seanoxmix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat an insane amount of Halo Top Chocolate Ice Cream. It's the cheapest way calorie-wise for me to beat the chocolate cravings I have several times a week. Anything less than a pint of ice cream just makes me feel like snacking even more right after. A whole pint of Halo Top chocolate is only 280 calories and you don't have to be a pig and eat the whole thing like me :wink: If you haven't had it before, make sure you let it melt before you eat it. It says to let it melt for a couple of minutes, but anything less than half an hour and it'll have a weird texture. 45 minutes is better.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Eat an appropriate amount of chocolate.

^^^^This. Chocolate is part of my life. Maybe that's sad, but it's true. Work it into your plan so it doesn't end up causing a problem.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate.

Chocolate is not hindering your progress unless you're going over your calories or just eating chocolate and nothing else (and going over your calories).

The end.

• zzadsoph
    zzadsoph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has this halo top ice cream got an alternative that's available in the U.K.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Richer and harder to overeat on it imo. I have the Lindt in various flavours.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best thing I've found to kick a chocolate craving is to budget in a serving of high % cocoa dark chocolate. I get mine at Aldi in 5 packs for $1.99 - each bar is 170 cals or so and they have others in flavors like mint and chili, slightly lower cocoa %, for about 150 cals. I find even a half a bar can kick a craving as the dark chocolate is more satisfying to me than milk, which I tend to overeat.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of Dove dark chocolate squares in the pantry. They are about 40 calories each and it's so tedious to unwrap the foil that I don't eat many at a time.
  • dawn423mfp
    dawn423mfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Put some cocoa powder in your coffee.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I like to add cacao powder to Greek Yogurt and berries for my chocolate hit. That or plain dark chocolate.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start to get really strong chocolate cravings, it usually means that I'm running low in magnesium. I'll take some for a couple of days, and they typically fade away. When I do just really want some chocolate, I usually just eat some unsweetened baking chocolate. I figure that uf that doesn't satisfy me, then I must really just want sugar, rather than chocolate.