The "C" Word - men, just go away. You don't understand.

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Cellulite.

Has anyone actually successfully diet & exercised it away?

Replies

• svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It gets better, but no doesn't go away.

However, most men just don't notice it. At least that's what I tell myself.
  • jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    I don't think it ever completely goes away; it exists even on really thin girls! But I do know that drinking carbonated drinks makes it more pronounced. I read once in a magazine that using a rolling pin helps...? When I googled it, it had mixed reviews. It seems worth trying though!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I watch Chelsea Lately religiously, and she had her trainer/dietician type person as her guest. They insist that eating small meals more frequently during the day gets rid of cellulite.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Confidence-Nutritions-Unlocks-Potential/dp/0061997277

Don't know if it actually works. I'm not at that point yet.
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I actually used to have cellulite on the backs of my legs, and hated wearing shorts. After doing weight training for about 3 months, my legs are much more muscular, and the cellulite is about 90% gone. I guess when muscle replaces fat, it can go away :)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts in 15 years because of it. It's not "horrific" or anything, but since I was a whopping 85lbs and 16 it cropped up. My nemesis.... *sigh* I need to lose probably 30lbs or so before I can start worrying about the little things like cellulite, but was curious...

Curious b/c of these stupid ads of gorgeous people over to my right
    > *LOL*
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts in 15 years because of it. It's not "horrific" or anything, but since I was a whopping 85lbs and 16 it cropped up. My nemesis.... *sigh* I need to lose probably 30lbs or so before I can start worrying about the little things like cellulite, but was curious...

Curious b/c of these stupid ads of gorgeous people over to my right
    > *LOL*

Those gorgeous people have cellulite.... They just airbrush it out. :P
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I really do need to remind myself of the reality of airbrushing *LOL*
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    I had really bad stretch marks on my upper thigh/hips at the beginning of the year
    but they pretty much have disappeared now because I lost a lot of weight and deep massaged cocoa butter into them every day
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do not have before and after pics of my legs, BUT!! When I started working out I was using the Wii EA Active Sports workout then switched to the Biggest Loser Challenge For the Wii and walking on the treadmill and now the recumbent bike. I can tell a big difference in my cottage cheese thighs. While it is not completely gone, i would say about 50% of it is and I am convinced it will only get better.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I do not have before and after pics of my legs, BUT!! When I started working out I was using the Wii EA Active Sports workout then switched to the Biggest Loser Challenge For the Wii and walking on the treadmill and now the recumbent bike. I can tell a big difference in my cottage cheese thighs. While it is not completely gone, i would say about 50% of it is and I am convinced it will only get better.

The WII worked for you? I have a Wii now, but not the "fit" and was wondering if it's worth it!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I had BAD cellulite... like, see it through the clothes bad. Then, about 40lbs down it got WORSE... Like, craters of cellulite.... but then it got BETTER with the exercise and muscle building and better diet thing, I try to eat clean(ish) and drink 3ltrs of water and eat all those 'anti-cellulite' foods and it's less noticeable now. In fact... I have to actually pinch my thighs to see it, and i'm more prone to it due to a CTD so if you're 'normal', you should (being the magic word) have pretty decent results!

Now, do you think men really don't notice it? Or is that just something we say/think to make ourselves feel better? *ponders..*
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I also read that you can 'dry brush' your skin...if you look it up there are brushes just for this...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    MEN DO NOT NOTICE!!! Period.

:blushing:
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Skin brushing works too but I'm not super faithful about that. I do understand. I believe it goes away!!! I'm watching it shrink on me. Almost toned still chunky legs, almost still chunky toned arms, I do use heavy weight work-I mean heavy and faithfully and drink tons tons tons of lemon water. Good luck & be well~
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Build muscle. Since I started strength training a few months ago, most of my *kitten* and thigh cellulite is gone.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's not that men don't notice it. It's that we don't care. A little jiggle in dat *kitten* isn't a bad thing.
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    I really do need to remind myself of the reality of airbrushing *LOL*

Airbrushing example:
    http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/bikini/bikini2.html
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I thought Cellulite was from the skin becoming stretched thinly over fat deposits. Which leads me to believe that reducing body fat percentage would help reduce the appearance of Cellulite.

But, posting as a guy and reading the above responses, I thought I would chime in. ;) I do notice Cellulite, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothers the women I see it on. We are our own worst critics.
  • willowrush
    Options
    I think women put more focus on cellulite then men do. I think as long as we are confident with our bodies or striving to be healthy that is sexy to men. I know for me, my husband only gets mad at me when I complain and say bad things about myself... he says that is never sexy. So instead of complaining...I'm just doing something about it.