Starting to slip

Options
2»

Replies

• hay_whitney
    hay_whitney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is my number one enemy! Especially during the summer time. My weight fluctuates up and down 5 pounds. I know if I could go at least a month without alcohol it would get me on the right track. Feel free to add :smile:
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I take a slightly different approach! I eat mostly fruit and vegetables.....because I want to fit in my weakness of chocolate mousse haha

Find a way to make the booze work for you! Don't look at your diary as a chore. Try to see it as a way of examining what you're eating and figuring out how you can fit more of what you want within your calorie goals!

For example, I could have 1 piece of fried chicken or I could have 2 tubs of chocolate mousse! ( never fails haha )

As long as you're hitting your nutrient goals and staying within your calorie goals you'll be sweet :)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    There's a thread of "no alcohol in August" right now. Many of us aren't trying to stop drinking, but most of us on there have found it really screws up with our goals because when we drink we often then overeat, and then over drink.

Its title is Alcohol Free August 2017 and you can do a search for it buts it's on the first page of the Motivation boards.
  • noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    There's a thread of "no alcohol in August" right now. Many of us aren't trying to stop drinking, but most of us on there have found it really screws up with our goals because when we drink we often then overeat, and then over drink.

Its title is Alcohol Free August 2017 and you can do a search for it buts it's on the first page of the Motivation boards.

That's awesome!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement. I am not here to lose weight, but I have acquired a lot of knowledge on nutrition and fitness. Don't give up as if you do, I can guarantee you will regret it deeply in the not too distant future.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lost 87 lbs and looking to lose 50 more. I feel myself slipping.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like to give myself little goals. It helps keep me motivated. As examples. Going to see family I haven't seen in a while. I have a few weeks, time to pull it together and get results. Or my daughters about to start school. I want to look good for all those strangers that will see me every day. Lol. It sounds stupid sometimes. But those little goals, as pointless as they might seem, keep me trying and keep me going.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I like to give myself little goals. It helps keep me motivated. As examples. Going to see family I haven't seen in a while. I have a few weeks, time to pull it together and get results. Or my daughters about to start school. I want to look good for all those strangers that will see me every day. Lol. It sounds stupid sometimes. But those little goals, as pointless as they might seem, keep me trying and keep me going.

Same here. My friends wedding on Monday, seeing my BF and potentially going for job interviews were he lives at the end of September. All those mini-milestones in life you anyway plan ahead for and hopefully look forward to.