What is everyone eating for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie or a hard boiled egg. Boring. I know but it fits with my schedule. Once in a while I treat myself to pancakes and bacon w hot maple syrup.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I usually have a low carb whole wheat Mission wrap with two tablespoons of garlic hummus, a generous handful of baby spinach, a quarter of an avocado, and either 4oz of chicken I made myself on my George Foreman or a heated up serving of the Perdue short cuts.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    MJDuley wrote: »
    I'm not usually hungry for a good hour or two after I get up (I can't force myself to eat when I'm not hungry; it makes me sick to my stomach) and by then I'm at work so breakfast has to be light (I get about 20 minutes to eat, sometimes less), portable and something that won't spoil easily (I drive a school bus).

I've been trying to pack things like fruit, cheese (in a small insulated lunch bag), crackers, nuts, granola, etc. I'm finding that I end up ravenous by lunchtime, then I overdo it and my calorie goals are shot for the day before it's even dinner time. Any suggestions?

As you drive a school bus, what do you do after you drop the last kid off at school? I'm thinking you could have a cup of tea or coffee before you leave home, then eat breakfast after the bus is empty.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I made tuna salad with 6oz leftover tuna, a hard boiled egg, mustard and chopped pickle for breakfast. Mash it all together, added salsa (homemade pico de gallo).
  • Genevie8
    Genevie8 Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks Juniper210 for the overnight oats ideas. I love overnight oats but my hubby doesn't. I need breakfast ideas for him. I can always find something for breakfast.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Right now I am usually having a punnet (300-400 grams) of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or cherries for breakfast as they are in season.

Sometimes I'll have a 50g slice of sourdough or a wholemeal crumpet with 5 g butter and a tiny bit of marmite.
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Most days I am up before 5...get to work at 6. I have 2 cups of coffee and then around 9:30 - 10 I eat my breakfast...most days that is yogurt and some type of fruit.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Days I'm in the office: coffee with 2 scoops of Vital Protein collagen protein powder and a greek yogurt and sometimes a piece of cheese.

Days I work from home or the weekend: coffee with 2 scoops of Vital Protein collagen protein powder and a scrambled egg with home made salsa on a piece of Ezekial whole grain bread or in a lettuce wrap with some low fat cheese.
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My favourite meal is my last meal of the day, so I do my best not to waste my calories on breakfast.

For this reason I have a protein shake made of out vanilla whey protein powder, half a frozen banana, one cup of chilled black coffee and one cup of soy milk (tastes like a frappuccino!). It works out at about 200 calories. It's a pretty big, fairly thick shake which takes me a while finish, and keeps me full for a few hours. Perfect for me.
  • MJDuley
    MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    As you drive a school bus, what do you do after you drop the last kid off at school? I'm thinking you could have a cup of tea or coffee before you leave home, then eat breakfast after the bus is empty.

It depends on if I have a field trip or not. If I have a field trip I usually have to go straight into that. If not, I go home. But that's too long for me to go without eating. That's about 9am and I get up around 4 to 4:30am. I'm usually scarfing something in between schools around 7am, but I only have a few minutes so it has to be quick and easy.

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I have leftovers, sometimes with something added.

Like, if I had pasta, I might add a few extra veggies or a different sauce for breakfast. Maybe use sandwich fixings from the night before and add an extra twist to them, that sort of thing.

It ends up with breakfast being 1) easy and quick and 2) actually filling to help me get through the day.

Some things that might be great to just make ahead of time on purpose might be tamales or sandwiches, as they are quick to eat and easy to hold while you do, so helps with the issue of only having a few minutes to get food.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Today I had a turkey & avocado sandwich for breakfast.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Protein shake. I drink it on my drive to work - I personally use SunWarrior warrior blend chocolate (plant-based, not whey). It's only 100 cal and pretty filling. I mix it with water and a little almond milk in a mixer bottle. Sometimes I add cold coffee to it too, which makes it like coffee mocha flavored, yum! Then a few hours later I have a small snack like a yogurt, apple, or granola/protein bar.

More protein helps keep you feeling full longer. Unfortunately a lot of people miss out on this in the morning. And hey, why not make it easy and just drink it? :wink:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Today it was vanilla Greek yogurt topped with strawberries and crushed up pretzels. Don't judge. LOL