Low calorie snacks

Options
andrea14d
andrea14d Posts: 22 Member
I need some low calorie snacks that i can incorporate. I'm looking for something that will fill me up but no dairy, eggs, or seafood thanks to very real allergies. Gotta be something better than just sugar free jello and protein bars.

Replies

• andrea14d
    Options
    I love fruit salad. Nothing too fancy, but maybe some watermelon, strawberries, cherries, grapes, and peaches. Cut and mix a big batch to cover several days of snacking. :smiley:

Yummm! That's a great suggestion. Thanks a bunch.
  • CriQue312
    CriQue312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Or just pick a treat you want and give yourself permission to have 50-80 calories of it. That just means you will look it up in the foods section and use a food scale.
  • CriQue312
    Options
    If you take a small bite and slooooooowly savour it (til the flavor leaves your mouth before you have another bite) then your brain feels satisfied before you've had time to over indulge.
  • CriQue312
    Options
    My family doctor insists a snack is less than 200 calories. Just in case fyi
  • aeg426
    aeg426 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have found that having bigger meals that really fill me works better than grazing all day. I add lots of vegetables and potatoes which I find filling. I do have four meals per day because otherwise I have too much time between inch and dinner
  • ccbarr
    ccbarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to fresh fruits. Berries,watermelon,what ever you like. Prep them so you can grab&go. Zero guilt.
    Today I'm going to try roasting in the oven drained chick peas ,sprinkled with paprika &red pepper. Cross your fingers
  • andrea14d
    Options
    CriQue312 wrote: »
    Zucchini with deli sliced meats. The zucchini has so little calories and no flavor and when sliced makes a crisp fresh cracker replacement. You can eat like a pound of it before you get to 80 calories. A few slices of deli meat cut into toppings adds the flavor and a savory touch.

Great tip! Thank u so much.
  • andrea14d
    Options
    CriQue312 wrote: »
    If you take a small bite and slooooooowly savour it (til the flavor leaves your mouth before you have another bite) then your brain feels satisfied before you've had time to over indulge.

I have had to relearn how to properly eat and digest food. For years blindly hoovering with no regard eating was a hard habit to break.
  • andrea14d
    Options
    ccbarr wrote: »
    Treat yourself to fresh fruits. Berries,watermelon,what ever you like. Prep them so you can grab&go. Zero guilt.
    Today I'm going to try roasting in the oven drained chick peas ,sprinkled with paprika &red pepper. Cross your fingers

Definitely let me know. Feel free to add me for support.
  • andrea14d
    Options
    I am trying to eat back my finess calories because i was wayyyyy too low on daily calorie intake. Can't do larger meals bc it made me really sick and my stomach hurt bad. Small snacks seem easier to incorporate between meals. Helps me not feel "so deprived."
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We take fruit and mixed nuts when we go out
    Cucumber with salt and pepper is super yummy
    Rice paper wraps with veggies inside with a peanut sauce is good (blend up soy or coconut aminos and garlic and peanut butter)
    Cucumber or zucchini "sandwiches"
    I used to cube cheese and apples and walnuts to make a little salad with some homemade Italian dressing- don't know if you can have dairy free cheese
    I make raw date brownies lots of cals but an energy noms if you can stick to just 1 (it can be hard I used to be a binger)
    There's lots of things just think outside the box. Good luck!!
  • andrea14d
    Options
    We take fruit and mixed nuts when we go out
    Cucumber with salt and pepper is super yummy
    Rice paper wraps with veggies inside with a peanut sauce is good (blend up soy or coconut aminos and garlic and peanut butter)
    Cucumber or zucchini "sandwiches"
    I used to cube cheese and apples and walnuts to make a little salad with some homemade Italian dressing- don't know if you can have dairy free cheese
    I make raw date brownies lots of cals but an energy noms if you can stick to just 1 (it can be hard I used to be a binger)
    There's lots of things just think outside the box. Good luck!!

These are sooooo good! I am very greatful. I too was a binge eater with several triggers. This proper nutrition and relearning how to eat is really hard. But we got this. One small nibble at a time.