Rest time between strength and cardio?

Options
I started the Strong Curves program today. I plan to do it Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I do Zumba in the evening. The book says if you are doing strength and cardio on the same day to do strength first. I don't have the time or gas budget to make two extra trips to the gym a week, so I want to go to the gym early before my Zumba class to do the strength. I'm just wondering how much time I should give myself to recover (if any) before the Zumba class.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I couldn't manage the 4x a week on strong curves for more than a few weeks. Too many constraints on my time. So I switched over to 3x a week, ABC only. Found that much more manageable. Bret does mention the 3x as an option.

As for rest time, I usually did my cardio directly after my workout. Maybe a 5 minute rest. But it really depends on how intense your strength workout is for you and how intense your cardio will be. My cardio after SC was pretty moderate to light. I dislike cardio as a rule so I don't do too much intense.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Recovery shouldn't really be a issue if you strength train first.
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was good to get your heart rate up with a little cardio then do some strenght stuff. So i switxh back and forth between the stairclimber and machines for my whole workout
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'd start with 10 minutes, then adjust it from there based on experience. I think you'll just have to experiment and see what works best for you.