Not Enough Calories

Options
Question: How do I get enough calories? I've got a pretty good diet plan except for the fact that it lack 399 calories that I need daily. Any ideas on things I could add/substitute? I added an egg already to breakfast. Now I'm only short 309 calories. Maybe a protien shake after working out?

3gemuqw3apiv.png

Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Chocolate?
    I bet you'll soon find out that that's an eat problem to solve
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    What others said. Fix your logging, and you'll get to the right calorie count. Half a cup of cucumber, for example, has more than 8 calories. It's low cal, but not that low cal.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Dinner of spinach with pineapple, spaghetti sauce ,and rice wow odd meal there.

Ok add 2 more oz of turkey at lunch
    Also add well how about some ham at dinner with the rice and pineapple and get rid of spaghetti sauce and instead do say spinach salad with almonds and cranberry and blue cheese dressing
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    With your inaccurate logging I wouldn't worry too much about getting right up to your goal. If you're low on protein that's not a bad choice to add in the shake.
    This.

Start using food scale for all solid and semi solid food (even single serve, bread, eggs) and only use cups/spoons for liquid. Weigh and log everything you eat and cook with.

Is that "spaghetti sauce with ground turkey" a recipe that you've entered yourself?

Weigh the rice. Rice is not a liquid.

I agree. 75 calories worth of rice is like a tablespoon - it's a tiny amount and I can't imagine it's what you're actually eating. Same thing with .25 cups trail mix. I don't know what's in your trailmix, but that's probably like 4 peanuts, 3 raisins, and a pinch of granola. (I'm exaggerating slightly but my point is that if your numbers are accurate, then your portions are tiny so I expect you'd want to eat more than just an extra egg.) Weighing your food on a food scale is the most accurate, and for rice, make sure you use a value for uncooked rice if you weigh it uncooked.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    I was going to be flippant and suggest a magnum or hagen daaz ice cream bar for 300 Cal. However, it sure does look like your logging could use some work.... or that your portions are incredibly small. Accurate logging or larger portions would easily take care of the "extra" 300 Cal you have.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you measure your rice in fluid ounces??? as others said, you really need to tighten up your logging...when you do that you will probably come back and ask how you can cut calories to get to your target..