Depressed

Really not seeing the results I want. Really thinking about giving up

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Want to know the best way to not reach your goal? Give up. We've (you AND me) got to keep pushing. We'll never reach our goals by quitting. Now stop your whining (That's for me too.) and go be great!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Take it slowly. Sometimes just not gaining weight is a victory. It's called "maintenance". Once you've maintained for a few months, cut out 100 or 200 cal and start over. It sure beats gaining weight. Right?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Giving up because of a setback is like slashing your other three tires because the forth got a flat.

If you're not seeing the results you want, maybe you just need to change a few things. Small changes make huge changes over time, they really do. Incorporate some weight lifting into your routine, switch a less healthy food for a more healthy food (cheese to avocado on a sandwich for instance or dark meat chicken too light). Park in the back of the parking lot every time. Those 40 extra steps add up over time.

One thing you can do is take a full body picture of yourself in your underwear. Give yourself one month and really focus, just for 30 days, that's it. Then take another picture and look at them side by side. Often we can't see our own bodies change because we see ourselves everyday so small changes aren't noticable. But from month to month, they are.

Don't give up!!!