Shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, tail-on

Options
7sorok
7sorok Posts: 112 Member
So I had purchased frozen medium (41-60) shrimps at Wal-Mart. Had my dinner and went to record the nutritional data and found out that 3oz of shrimps has only 45cals. Being of average intelligence, I figured out that it was pretty much impossible. I googled my shrimps and found out that caloric content of shrimps is all over the place, including the USDA site.

My question is : Who do I believe? Since my intake is only 1230cal, every 100cals makes a lot of difference. Does anybody have any idea?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Did they come in a package? If so go by that nutritional info. If not I'd go with the USDA site info.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Your package would state weight for the shrimp frozen (unless otherwise specified), which accounts for the extra weight.
  • 7sorok
    Options
    The shrimps came in a package and if you'll Google it, you'll see that the same product has different caloric values. I understand Sodium, but Calories? Please check yourself: Wal-mart medium cooked deveined tail-on frozen shrimps.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    7sorok wrote: »
    The shrimps came in a package and if you'll Google it, you'll see that the same product has different caloric values. I understand Sodium, but Calories? Please check yourself: Wal-mart medium cooked deveined tail-on frozen shrimps.

Go with what the package you bought says. Not something online, the information on the actual package from which you ate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought the same package and used the USDA info. I absolutely don't believe there's only 45 calories in 84oz of shrimp, lol.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I bought the same package and used the USDA info. I absolutely don't believe there's only 45 calories in 84oz of shrimp, lol.

wow - I need that shrimp if there is only 45cal in 84oz :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Frozen shrimp weigh a lot more than thawed shrimp. The frozen weight is the one on the nutrition label of the package.
  • 7sorok
    Options
    Some people are missing the point. The same package of the same food of the same product can't have different calories. If the shrimp is cooked, the only difference should be in Sodium, if no Sugar is added. The calories should be pretty much the same with slight variations, maybe, if the shrimp is wild caught or farm raised and region of the world it's raised and/or caught.
  • 7sorok
    Options

It was meant 84g and not 84oz I believe. It's an honest mistake, but really wouldn't it be great to have such a healthy food at practically no calories? LOL
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options

It was meant 84g and not 84oz I believe. It's an honest mistake, but really wouldn't it be great to have such a healthy food at practically no calories? LOL

I wish I would have read this last night before making dinner. On the plus side, the meal was epic. :)
  • omerfkhan
    omerfkhan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Shrimps!!!!!

Can't control my self if shrimps are there last month I ate 1 kg of fried shrimp at dinner

Yummy
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

oh I know - I was being totally facetious