Writing a log/diary

Options
Hey, just wondering if anyone writes a daily diary outside of MFP about what they ate, exercise and how they felt that day etc? If so is it effective in achieving your goals?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not in the form of a diary, but I do write down a lot of ramblings and discoveries and duh/doh-moments. It helps me reflect on things, improve my plans, and I can go back and remind myself when I feel weak/tempted to eat outside of plan (if I can remember to do it, and not already convinced myself to follow my urges).
  • KeepOnMovjng
    KeepOnMovjng Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I write a diary about it. I don't see it as helping me lose weight per se but as more of a way of as many have said if they tell people their losing weight it hinders them. Using the diary cuts out the other person but gives me someone to talk to about it. Plus can look back at it afterwards
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't write a dairy, but I do log progress outside MFP.

So what is my main goal: Fat Loss

For the next six weeks I'm going to eat at a deficit and each week I log my weight and measure my waist, chest, neck, arms, legs and hips every week.

At the end of the six weeks - I build up back to maintenance within a week but eating about a 100 cals more each day up until maintenance. Then eat at maintenance for another week and indulge but stay within my limit. Then I start the cycle again.

This works for me because I do not believe we should be eating at a deficit for long periods of time. also this gives me time to evaluate my methods. Is the plan I am on working for me. Do I need to change something or do something different depending on my main goal.

By meeting a short term goal (in my case six weeks. I feel like I'm always progressing). My short term goal will be like "I need to lose weight after this six week period (I dont specify a number because as long as I lost some weight, even if its just a little then technically i have achieved that goal and it makes me want to carry on)"