For all of you who don't hate on Lean Cuisine ;)

Options
Just wanted to share a couple super simple things that i've done to make my lean cuisines taste awesome...
Any of the Spaghetti/Meatballs.. or Pasta's with Red sauces add one triangle of the light Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese while it's hot and it makes it taste so creamy and good!! Yesterday I even tried a Tbs of Light Ranch with it and it made it really good.. It was actually on the Smart One's Lasagna Bake... I loved it!
Also On the lean cuisine Chicken enchilada Suiza add a couple tbs of Fat Free Sour cream and a little tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.. super easy but makes it tastes a lot better..

Anybody else have easy tips?

Replies

• brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    so you add stuff to the frozen meals? Like spices or sauces? I never thought to do such a thing, i'm an in the box kinda gal, thats such an interesting idea.
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Dump one of those meals on a bed of spinach! It doubles the volume and makes it pretty :). Also tastes pretty good too.
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    I really like the tortilla crusted fish, and I add an extra cup of veggies to it like green beans or spaghetti squash - fills me right up!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I add a can of tuna to all the "tuna noodle casseroles" out there. I think my favorite it Smart Ones, not Lean Cuisine though.
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have not ever thought of adding to the frozen meals, either. I like it! I usually use healthy choice, not lean cuisine, just because it is cheaper.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I like to eat them when I don't have the time...however adding those just makes the sodium even higher. I usually eat those with veggies or fruit on the side :drinker:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    THis is good....trust me. Even though it probably sounds yucky. I like to put a some cottage cheese in the three cheese ziti marinara. Makes it taste almost like lasagna and adds a bunch of protein.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Very interesting subjects. I bought some lean susine this week for here in texas it is just too hot to cook.and I don;t like to anyway.
  • shannonymous
    Options
    I've always added extra vegetables to my Lean Cuisines. I'll heat up some peas and carrots or broccoli on the stove, and in the last minute or so of microwaving the meal I'll throw in the extra veggies.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like to add edamame to a lot of dishes...extra protein.