Powerlifters

Options
Looking for powerlifting friends to add on MFP! Leave a comment below and I'll send an add request. I haven't been powerlifting long (about 4 months), but I've really fallen in love with it. Currently I'm running my first cycle of GZCL jacked and tan 2.0 and loving it.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been competing (only once a year) for the last 4 years - I have my 2nd this year, and my first USAPL meet, coming up in October.
  • nosoxfox
    nosoxfox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Hi. Been competing (only once a year) for the last 4 years - I have my 2nd this year, and my first USAPL meet, coming up in October.

That's awesome! I have a friend going to USAPL nationals this year, which is in November I think.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    +1
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I did my 2nd full meet (also done a few push pulls) this April, and then injured my SI joint. Heh heh. :|
  • rachelrenae123
    rachelrenae123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been powerlifting for almost 4 years and just did my first two competitions earlier this year! It's so fun. Welcome to the powerlifting community! It's nice to be around other people who are crazy the same way you are.
  • LifTheVeil
    LifTheVeil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've been doing it for about a year and a half myself. I'd love to compete some day but I'm still working on perfecting form and getting my lifts up.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm just a bencher. Got my 21st meet coming up at the end of October.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    +1
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    LifTheVeil wrote: »
    Hey there. I've been doing it for about a year and a half myself. I'd love to compete some day but I'm still working on perfecting form and getting my lifts up.

lol we all are! thats whats its all about, you may as well just sign up for a meet.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started powerlifting in 2015 at the age of 56! I've competed in 5 meets. I have an upcoming USAPL meet in 2 weeks and hopefully will qualify for my first Raw Nationals
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My first competition is on August 26, followed by my second one on Sept 16. There's another one on October 7th... but maybe I should skip that one?
  • me2de2
    me2de2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to connect as well!
  • erinbuckler92
    erinbuckler92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started in March of this year, and I love it! Looking for other lifting friends.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I powerlift, haven't competed yet, and journal my sessions.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Competed in 3rd meet on Saturday...now, I hold squat/bench/dl/total state records in 2 weight classes! Also hold the submaster records, 'cause I'm old-ish.
  • BexDun
    BexDun Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started 9 weeks ago to gain strength for Rugby (my teams in the league in Sept). I'm totally loving it and hoping to be able to compete. I've set myself a new goal to get in the 73kg (I think that's the right number) catagory. Feel free to add me.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

lol we all are! thats whats its all about, you may as well just sign up for a meet.

That's what I did after barely starting lifting ... It was sooo awesome!
  • LifTheVeil
    LifTheVeil Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

I've been seriously considering it.

Also, I'm always open to connections and friends. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    93kg Raw USA Powerlifting (Masters)
    Certified USAPL-CC Club Coach
    USAPL-WI State Ref
    USAPL-WI Social Media and Communications Contributor

And I have designed many of the meet shirts
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been powerlifting for just under 12 months competed in my first sanctioned competition last month. Would love some powerlifting mfp friends