Back--again--for good I hope!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Hi all--I'm back again. Sorry I disappeared again. Oh boy--what a couple of months. I've been busier than you-know-what. Plus, this cold weather just has me depressed--I hate it! I haven't been able to get on my bike in forever, and I just couldn't force myself to the gym. I came to really dislike going--I don't know why but I just came to intensely dislike working out in the gym. I want to get a trainer for my bicycle so I can ride it here in the house but can't afford one right now. Then, my Achilles tendon is still bothering me, and it derailed any plans I had to do a whole Triathlon by myself this coming year (WARNING--if you want to jump rope, make sure you stretch out really well before hand! That's what messed up my achilles tendon).

I haven't been able to jog in weeks and weeks and weeks. I have to wear a brace on it most days just to be able to get through the day. The only kind of exercise that doesn't bother it is riding the bicycle. Even the elliptical and all at the gym made it hurt--part of why I stopped going.

Anyway, all excuses but now I've got to get back on track--even if I can't ride right now, I've got to stop my bad eating habits I've resumed. Not sure how much I gained, as I'm scared to weigh but hoping it's not too much. Plan on weighing in a few weeks maybe and seeing.

So how is everyone?

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Hi all--I'm back again. Sorry I disappeared again. Oh boy--what a couple of months. I've been busier than you-know-what. Plus, this cold weather just has me depressed--I hate it! I haven't been able to get on my bike in forever, and I just couldn't force myself to the gym. I came to really dislike going--I don't know why but I just came to intensely dislike working out in the gym. I want to get a trainer for my bicycle so I can ride it here in the house but can't afford one right now. Then, my Achilles tendon is still bothering me, and it derailed any plans I had to do a whole Triathlon by myself this coming year (WARNING--if you want to jump rope, make sure you stretch out really well before hand! That's what messed up my achilles tendon).

I haven't been able to jog in weeks and weeks and weeks. I have to wear a brace on it most days just to be able to get through the day. The only kind of exercise that doesn't bother it is riding the bicycle. Even the elliptical and all at the gym made it hurt--part of why I stopped going.

Anyway, all excuses but now I've got to get back on track--even if I can't ride right now, I've got to stop my bad eating habits I've resumed. Not sure how much I gained, as I'm scared to weigh but hoping it's not too much. Plan on weighing in a few weeks maybe and seeing.

So how is everyone?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome back, I was wondering where you'd gone! :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    we have been wondering where you were! Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and your will be pedalling away!! Welcome back
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hey shore! glad to see ya back. It will be easy to get back into the program....you did it for so long and so well!

:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Same as you I've been out of the loop doing mucho overtime and only eating maintenance cals. Getting back into exercise is a challenge. Glad to see you on the boards again!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! My schedule right now is near ridiculous. I've been going since 6 this morning, still have a meeting to go to tonight, and probably will be working until late late late. I'm at least 2 days behind right now! We're planning our own VBS this year around a Creation Care theme and that is taking a HUGE amount of time. Plus, I took on teaching citizenship classes to a lady wanting to apply for citizenship--but that's fun.

Anyway, I'll be around when I get time to breathe! Saturday here is supposed to be 65!!!!!!!!! And, I don't care if the sermon is done or not, I'm going for a ride!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome back again Shorerider. Hope you can get a chance to relax a little real soon. :flowerforyou:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome back:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    (((SHORE))):heart:

I missed this thread last week. I've been thinking about you. I had to go just one week without the gym recently when I caught bronchitis and my asthma flaired. I was so depressed by the end of that week, I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I hope you have been able to pick yourself up and get back into the swing of things. We miss you hearing from you on the boards!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    (((SHORE))):heart:

I missed this thread last week. I've been thinking about you.

smiley-greet013.gif SHOOOORE :heart: So very very happy you are back :love:

I am low too :sad: . I also don't got to the aerobic classes, cos of this cold... I want spring :brokenheart: .
    Every now and then I do exercise at home. Like today, in the morning, I did some strength training :happy: Yep, me! :drinker:

Nice to have you back *hug*.