Any other marathoners?

Options
Doing a fall marathon. First one is 10 years. Anyone else doing one soon? What are your daily intake targets during training?

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Lots of marathoners here. Check out the Long Distance Runners Group here at MFP.

I am training for a mid-November marathon. The only target I try to hit is my protein. I make sure I get 100+ grams every day and I let everything else fall where it may.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Training for my first one in April next year.

Best of luck with yours
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Training for my first one in December. Check out this group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10583364/august-2017-running-challenge#latest
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Training for my first full this coming October. Speedwork started this week!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    gmconant wrote: »
    Doing a fall marathon. First one is 10 years. Anyone else doing one soon? What are your daily intake targets during training?

Next marathon for me is Rochester NY on September 17. Daily intake target, right now 3200 calories with minimum of 150 grams protein, minimum 62 grams fat, and I let the carbs take care of themselves. That includes a lot of my running; my add-backs for exercise are much smaller than what Garmin claims I burn. I'm a pound or two below the weight I'm trying to maintain, which is pretty normal for this point of the marathon training cycle.

From what other marathon runners have mentioned, I think I have a faster metabolism than average and need to eat more than other runners to maintain my weight. Even so, I need to track because I can't out-run my fork.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,693 Member
    Options
    I do one marathon a year, in the spring. I'll probably be doing a HM in the fall, if all goes well, but won't be increasing my mileage much to train for that. I lost some weight for my race last spring and haven't regained it, so I'll just continue to work on maintenance. My base is 1600, but I eat back my exercise calories and with 35-40 mpw running plus 20+ mpw walking, I get a lot of extra calories.
  • zainabmusa1
    zainabmusa1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first one in November. I'm trying to log my meals daily, no meal plan in particular because I want to focus on paying attention to my body's cravings, hunger and satisfaction signals. Just trying to keep it simple and shame free!
  • gmconant
    gmconant Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all and keep it up. I'm sitting at a good weight so I try to eat to maintain. Just trying hard to eat enough of the right stuff. I do have to include the occasional alcoholic beverage.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Got my third next month. I'm actually trying to lose weight at the moment, so days like today(my rest day) are a bit depressing at about 1400 calories. But most days I'm training 90-180 minutes (running and cross training) so I get a decent bump then!
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Training for California International Marathon (CIM) in December. This will be my first.

No plan as of now. That might change as we get into higher mileage. At the moment it's just listening to my body.
  • am35
    am35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a fall marathon. I'm using a nutrition coach to help me with my daily macros which have me anywhere from 1560-2000 depending on my mileage
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Marine Corps Marathon in October - I take in between 2300-2800 a day (also training for a half-ironman in 4 weeks). my protein is fixed at 140g a day, carbs cycle between 380, 360 and 270; fats between 71 and 84g - I work with the folks at Eat to Perform who customize my macros based on workouts, daily food logs etc