Are my numbers right?

Options
Hey guys! Could someone take a look at my stats and tell me if I'm right with my calorie intake? I'm seeking to lose 1kg a week .

Current weight: 64.5kg
Goal: 58kg
Current calorie intake setting: 1200

Will this allow me to lose a kilo a week? I get the feeling it won't. I've done my research which suggests I should be eating 700-800 calories a day to continue at a 1kg a week loss.

Just looking to see if I've done this calculation right?

Replies

• Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Also! I'm 5'7,forgot to add.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Since you are already at a healthy weight, it's very unlikely you will be able to lose 1kg a week. This may sound like bad news, but it will save you a lot of frustration to know that it's not your fault that you will be losing slower, you're just smaller and don't burn as many calories as someone who is bigger. Set your loss to 0.25 kg a week. That's a much more reasonable goal, and one that is more likely to result in good results. 1200 is just the minimum this app gives. It just won't give you a lower number because it's unhealthy for most people.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    700-800 calories is definitely far too little for someone of your height, drop your rate of loss down per the advice given by @amusedmonkey
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll take the slower loss!