Show me your calories!

Options
Hello! I thought just for fun! Tell me about yourself: age, weight, gender, calorie count and then show me what you eat on a normal day!

Replies

• DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm a forty-something woman, 5'7", 165 pounds, with a daily calorie limit of 1200. My diary is open, but it's fairly boring as I typically eat the same things over and over again. Breakfast is 2 soft boiled eggs, leftover veggies, half a grapefruit. Lunch is a chopped salad or turkey breast sandwiches (usually in lettuce wraps, sometimes using Ezekiel or Dave's Killer bread), yogurt and berries. Pre-workout/pre-yoga snack is a banana with peanut butter or a plain banana. Dinner is chicken, veggies, sometimes a salad or raw veggies and hummus as another side. Evening snack/dessert is yogurt or dark chocolate or, most of the time, Halo Top ice cream.
  • sarahseeto
    sarahseeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a forty-something woman, 5'7", 165 pounds, with a daily calorie limit of 1200. My diary is open, but it's fairly boring as I typically eat the same things over and over again. Breakfast is 2 soft boiled eggs, leftover veggies, half a grapefruit. Lunch is a chopped salad or turkey breast sandwiches (usually in lettuce wraps, sometimes using Ezekiel or Dave's Killer bread), yogurt and berries. Pre-workout/pre-yoga snack is a banana with peanut butter or a plain banana. Dinner is chicken, veggies, sometimes a salad or raw veggies and hummus as another side. Evening snack/dessert is yogurt or dark chocolate or, most of the time, Halo Top ice cream.

That sounds awesome! But how can you fit that into a 1200 calorie diet?! Do you eat back your calories when you exercise?

Also, I'm a bit new to this site, how do I view your diary?
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll play :)

-38 yr old female, (almost 39)
    -5ft, 6in
    -4 years into maintenance, (50ish pounds lost)
    -current maintenance range 125lbs-130lbs
    -current bmi is around a 20
    -Calorie intake: currently working on adjusting my maintenance range down for the fall/winter months, to the 120lbs-125lbs range, (my maintenance range varies based on season)
    -current calorie intake: 1,200-1,400, to hit a .5lb week loss

I use the DASH protocol as an outline to follow. I also aim for 600 or more grams of veggies/fruit a day.

What today looks like (most of my week days are similar, with minor tweaks)

AM:
    -cup of black coffee with 1pkt of splenda

-2 slices of sprouted whole grains bread, toasted, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread; can diet soda

Afternoon:
    -2 whole wheat tortilla shells: 1 with 1/2c black refried beans and veggies/black olives, 1 with 3 ounces canned chicken and veggies/black olives; serving of Baked sour cream chips

-green smoothie: 1c skim milk, 1 banana, strawberries and blueberries, kale, spinach, collard greens and dandelion greens

-cup black coffee with 1pkt of splenda

Evening:
    -large skillet of mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower rice (2c)-mixed together with a bit of soy sauce

-cherries, with a cup of black coffee with 1pkt of splenda

Calories: between 1,300-1,400 for today

• sarahseeto
    sarahseeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options

-5ft, 6in
    -Calorie intake: currently working on adjusting my maintenance range down for the fall/winter months, to the 120lbs-125lbs range, (my maintenance range varies based on season)

I use the DASH protocol as an outline to follow. I also aim for 600 or more grams of veggies/fruit a day.

AM:

-2 slices of sprouted whole grains bread, toasted, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread; can diet soda

Afternoon:
    -2 whole wheat tortilla shells: 1 with 1/2c black refried beans and veggies/black olives, 1 with 3 ounces canned chicken and veggies/black olives; serving of Baked sour cream chips

-green smoothie: 1c skim milk, 1 banana, strawberries and blueberries, kale, spinach, collard greens and dandelion greens

Evening:
    -large skillet of mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower rice (2c)-mixed together with a bit of soy sauce

-cherries with a cup of black coffee with 1pkt of splenda

Wow! That sounds amazing! And do you exercise and eat back your calories?
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm early 30s, female, currently maintaining 126lb at 5'3 on 1500 calories + exercise calories. This is today - I need to find some fat/protein calories to get up to my goal after an hour's interval run this morning!

(Just to add - I don't tend to get that hung up on macros but I do normally try to get up to about 90g protein while I'm doing fairly intensive cardio training)

vhq8wy5ykp4o.jpg
    f1yfhv4wji62.jpg

• CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    49 year old female
    5' 2"
    191 currently, goal is 150 (I realize that is higher that most charts recommend but it's a realistic, achievable and sustainable goal for me)
    MFP says my calorie goal daily is 1290. I usually get between 200 - 500 exercise calories per day...sometimes I eat none of them, sometimes about 1/2

My diary is open but typical breakfast on a work day is coffee w/creamer and sugar, yogurt and fruit. On an off day it's usually avocado toast with a fried egg on top.

Lunch is usually either egg salad, tuna salad or turkey sandwich with 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of veggie.

Dinner varies widely...usually a main protein, potato or rice or bread and lots of veggies...sometimes roasted, sometimes sauteed, sometimes raw.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sarahseeto wrote: »
    That sounds awesome! But how can you fit that into a 1200 calorie diet?! Do you eat back your calories when you exercise?
    Very carefully! I plan my meals in the morning and since I eat the same things it's fairly easy. All I really have to worry about at mealtime is weighing and recording portions. I made the mistake of not eating back my calories at first, but I've since started eating some. (Not all, because MFP calorie burns aren't always accurate.) On the days I do my bodyweight/dumbbell workout (3 times a week), I eat around 1400 calories; on yoga days (also 3 times a week) I eat around 1300; on Sunday, my rest day, I stick close to 1200.

My goal weight is 140, give or take a pound or two.

Also, I'm a bit new to this site, how do I view your diary?
    I think you click on my username and then it gives you the option to view my diary.

Edited to add: Also, when I record packaged food (like yogurt), I only adjust the weight if it's more than the package states. Typically, it isn't, although the variances are slight, so I use the the serving size figures.

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options

-5ft, 6in

AM:

Afternoon:

Evening:
    -large skillet of mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower rice (2c)-mixed together with a bit of soy sauce

-cherries with a cup of black coffee with 1pkt of splenda

Wow! That sounds amazing! And do you exercise and eat back your calories?

Nope, no intentional exercise. I am more active now that I've lost the extra weight, but I don't set aside time to focus on exercise specifically. Today for example-I'm meeting up with my sister and nieces and we're walking 2 miles round trip to an ice cream stand (I'll get a diet soda/no ice cream). We'll walk at a leisurely pace and I won't count it towards my calories because it will be a pretty minimal burn. Yesterday we kayaked for an hour-while I'm sure I burned a few extra calories I don't count it, it's all a part of my daily 'activity' :)
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'3, 193.7 lb, 36 year old female. I've lost 25.4 lbs since mid April and I've got another 55ish lbs to lose. MFP has me at 1420 cals a day for 1 lb a week weight loss. I try to get that to 1.5 through adding in exercise.

My weekdays are all pretty similar.

Breakfast - 40 grams of oatmeal, 15g slivered almonds, 15g dried cranberries, 60ish grams of various frozen fruits. Most commonly strawberries, blueberries or mangos.

Lunch - Serving of the previous nights dinner, a lean cuisine or a trader Joe's salad.

Snack - 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 tbsps pb2, 60 grams of whatever fruit I used with breakfast, squirt of Crystal light liquid.

Dinner - 4 oz porkchop, 100 grams of sweet potato noodles, 100 grams sugar snap peas

Snack - trader Joe's mini chocolate drumstick or some halo top
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Male. 41 YO, 6'1", 200 pounds (down from 240!). Targeting slightly under 1700 calories a day. I eat pretty much the same thing every day.

Oatmeal with raisins, banana, and cinnamon (300 calories)
    5 oz. deli meat or 3 oz lean protein on whole wheat with pickles, mustard, lettuce, and 1 oz of cheese (500 calories)
    6 oz lean protein, 1 cup of rice (or equivalent), steamed veggies (600 calories)
    One afternoon and one evening snack (usually almonds, fruit, veggie sticks, or cottage cheese - 100 calories per)

On days when I don't eat breakfast (I'm not always hungry in the AM) I allow myself a larger dinner.

I burn about 2000 calories per week from exercise on top of my target but don't automatically eat back my exercise calories. I'll usually listen to my body and eat to my energy levels. I tend to need another 150-200 calories on days when I burn a lot (for example, on long run days that burn about 650 calories) but don't miss the calories burned during my normal short 30 minute daily workout sessions for the most part.

I tend to go out with my SO once per week for a great dinner. I don't bother counting this meal exactly since I tend to have calories 'saved' from exercise and my normal eating but I do try to make good menu choices. In general, all of my eating tends to average out to the 1700 calorie target.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    66 y.o. female, 5'4", currently 262.8, calories 1556 (TDEE-500).

My diary is open, too. We're two meals + snacks people so breakfast & supper are the only meals. The rest is snacking of mostly veggies, nuts, fruits, cheese, etc.

I like a lot of variety in what I eat and cooking is my hobby. Even breakfast varies. Some days it's scrambled eggs with cheese, some days bran cereal with raisins and nuts, with the occasional breakfast of leftovers. Sometimes supper is separate things (like a turkey patty, red cabbage slaw, and oven fries) and others is a mixed together pile of food (like last night's potato, green bean, feta, etc. salad or the night before's chicken with vegetables "risotto").

Since Hubby and I are retired, I have time to contemplate what to make for supper each morning. Usually, my thinking starts with what veggies need using. Tonight, it's a bag of spinach, a couple summer squash, and some cremini mushrooms. I don't know what that will turn into yet, but the interwebs will supply inspiration. Off I go to plan supper!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    CW: 190.8 (started at 260)
    GW: 160-165ish
    Calories: 1350 for 1lb loss per week
    Burn: 300-800 daily depending on workout

Breakfast:
    1c non fat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1/4 cup of trail mix
    fresh berries

Lunch:
    Tuna or hard boiled egg orboth
    hummus
    red peppers
    Cheddar cheese slice

Dinner:
    lean protein
    cauliflower riced w/fresh shredded Parmesan cheese or diced tomatoes
    roasted vegetable

Snacks

almond butter on caramel apple rice cake or
    almonds or
    Halo Top ice cream

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    37 Female 5'7" weight = 183 currently (down from 215 on 1-1-17). My goal is supposed to be 1534 with specific macros, but I just bumped it up yesterday keeping the same macro percentages.

I have pre-logged my day (I have only eaten breakfast), and obviously I need to add a bit more carbs in today to hit my goal. I will re-adjust as needed throughout the day and will end the day closer to my goal. I meal prep everything but dinner, so all my days this week will mostly look like this.

2az69ytlb2jp.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    34/5'8" (173CM)/223lb (101kg) aiming for 1500-1600 net calories per day. I normally earn a calorie adjustments anywhere between 300-1000 calories depending on how active I have been. I am currently using C25K, HASFIT strength training videos, Yoga and I walk a lot (average steps 12000+ per day).

This is a fairly typical day...

Weekday Breakfast - Weetabix with Berries/Banana & Chocolate Chips and Powdered Greens with Orange Juice.
    Weekday work snacks - Fruit/Veg, Cottage Cheese
    Weekday Lunch - Homemade Soup & Roll, Maltesers
    Weekday Dinner - (Batch cooked or prepped) - Minted Lamb Meatballs with Spinach & Cauliflower
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, 5'2" 115 lbs. My diary is open feel free to browse it.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Early 30s, 5' 1/2". SW: 133, GW: 110 (?) CW: 112.

Been in maintenance almost 2 years, but I've put on muscle with the same waist measurement. I was 105 but I can't seem to get lower than 111 maybe. I'm on the verge of not caring about the scale any longer.

Right now I'm 1200 calories and eat back some of my exercise calories. I exercise about an hour a day total so I'm usually eat around 1350.

Breakfast: 2 eggs poached, potatoes and carrot hash
    Lunch: Half sandwich and salad combo of some kind
    Mid-afternoon snack: Greek yogurt or tuna packet
    Dinner: Varies. I love Pinterest so I try new stuff all the time. Lean protein and veggies are usually featured.
    Evening snack: Lately it's been Think Thin bars, but it's usually something reasonable. Bananas dipped in melted peanut butter are great.