Ideas wanted for low cal deserts...

Options

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
    1 cup of Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding

100 calories PB + 60 calories pudding = 160 calories overall.
  • bonniegarbal
    bonniegarbal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just berries

Freeze a single serve yogurt if you crave ice cream.

Freeze cut up fruit. I like frozen peaches. You can buy frozen fruit but to me it's not the same. I prefer to freeze it fresh.

Whipped cream added to any of these.

Make a frozen fruit smoothie by blending the frozen fruit with a yogurt.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    This isn't something TO DO, it's something NOT TO DO. I had a major failure this weekend that anyone can learn from...

So I had the idea of making sugar free pudding, with Almond Milk (My BF is lactose intolerant and looking for ways to cut out lots of dairy). Word to the wise, it doesn't set up. I ended up with Lemon Soup. :(

But normally, sugar free pudding with lite cool whip is one of my favorite go toos. Just don't use Almond milk...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This isn't something TO DO, it's something NOT TO DO. I had a major failure this weekend that anyone can learn from...

So I had the idea of making sugar free pudding, with Almond Milk (My BF is lactose intolerant and looking for ways to cut out lots of dairy). Word to the wise, it doesn't set up. I ended up with Lemon Soup. :(

But normally, sugar free pudding with lite cool whip is one of my favorite go toos. Just don't use Almond milk...

How much cornstarch did you use? I made dairy free pudding using cashew milk successfully. Might have to do with the fat in cashew milk or something added to store bought almond milk (which has VERY LITTLE actual almonds).
  • kristen8000
    Options

How much cornstarch did you use? I made dairy free pudding using cashew milk successfully. Might have to do with the fat in cashew milk or something added to store bought almond milk (which has VERY LITTLE actual almonds).

Um, I used a box of Jello pudding...no corn starch involved. Pudding Mix + 2 cups of Almond Milk = Pudding soup :(
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Um, I used a box of Jello pudding...no corn starch involved. Pudding Mix + 2 cups of Almond Milk = Pudding soup :(

Oh no! Jello pudding needs casein to set. Next time make it from scratch, it's easy. A general rule of thumb: 1-1.5 tbsp of cornstarch per cup of milk. Mix starch into milk cold plus any sweetener, then just slowly heat the mixture constantly stirring until near thickened. Add any flavorings (vanilla, lemon zest, flavor extracts...etc), and stir for an additional minute and done.
  • kristen8000
    Options

That's a shame--they've gotten better about listing on the box when it doesn't work but I guess not always. I'm lactose intolerant and do well with greek yogurt, and he might as well. If you don't want to make it from scratch, you could try stirring a tablespoon of the powder into a cup of greek yogurt. Stir well--not exactly the same texture but close!

He's ok with Greek Yogurt and eats it regularly, but milk and cheese are BAD. I was jut trying things out and it was an epic fail...the box may say something of the sort, but I obviously didn't pay attention :(
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of chocolate halo top ice cream(70 calories), 1/2 cup of Peanut butter halo top ice cream (90 calories), 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (30 calories), dump it all in a blender and you have an under 200 calories (190) chocolate peanut butter milkshake! You can use any nut milk or milk but I like unsweetened cashew because it is low in calories, no added sugar and super creamy!
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Banana ice-cream.

Chop up however many bananas desired. Place in freezer for a few hours. Once frozen, blend with desired flavoring, eg., Options hot chocolate, maybe. Maybe add a small amount of milk? And eat once desired consistency reached.
    One step further is to put back in freezer once blended for firmer product.

You tube videos have loads of options and some with coconut cream/milk too. I plan on trying these.
  • NessJKay
    NessJKay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Choc coconut Protein shake made with almond milk tbsp peanut butter .....then in the icecream maker .... frozen snickers!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free fat free pudding mixes or sugar free Jello with fruit. Grilled fruit is pretty awesome too.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Yeah, it says on the box not to use milk substitutes. You must use milk, though skim milk is fine.
  • chychy843
    chychy843 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    there are great things on pintrest like homemade icecream out of fruit so its still good and low calories
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello chocolate pudding with low cal whipped cream on top. If you are craving chocolate add some tiny chocolate chips.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, cut into halves or slices, a couple tablespoons of low calorie sweetener on top (I use Splenda sugar blend) stick it in the fridge overnight. The sugar turns into a super yummy syrup on top of your strawberries.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Put frozen peaches in the blender with a little honey and orange juice, blend the heck out of it. Depending on how good your blender is and how much juice you used, you can drink this like a shake or eat with a spoon. So good!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Mini caramel Drumstick.. 110 cals .. yea man
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Just whipped this up today:

bdoigpdu44fk.png

The peaches are the weight of 5 cups diced.

Combine the sugar and water in a pot and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and refrigerate 2 hours.

Puree peaches in food processor or blender with lemon juice. Add the cooled sugar syrup and puree. Pour into ice cream maker and churn per manufacturer's instructions. Enjoy.

(Note: This is for 6 cups worth of sorbet. If your ice cream maker is smaller, just halve the ingredients.)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I make one bite cookies (they end up about the size of a dollar coin) and most of the ones I make are 45-65 calories each. Kinds I've made with varying degrees of success include:
    pumpkin oatmeal raisin
    raisin oatmeal
    chocolate chip
    zucchini chocolate chip
    oatmeal peanut
    jello cookies (orange, strawberry, raspberry, lime)