Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is your diet making you gain?

Replies

• that IS a great article!! Thanks for sharing!

Reminds me to log my food before I eat it!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    huh that was really interesting
    thanks for sharing!
  • This one is good too:

10 Secrets of the Effortlessly Thin
    http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100218116&imageindex=1
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    based on that article, I should be eating 1722 calories per day to loose weight...MFP suggest 1200, I am currently eating 1300, could that be why i haven't don't loose weight?

Date to achieve results:
    Weight to lose:53 lbs [26%] *Recommended:1 lb/week

Date you will achieve:Feb 8, 2010 * The recommended average weight loss is 1 pound per week. Find out why.
    Caloric intake reduction:
    Your daily energy needs:2222 calories/day
    Calorie reduction per day:500 calories/day

Calories needed for weight loss:1722 calories/day What does this mean?
    You need to consume 1722 calories a day to lose 53 lb in 53 weeks.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    It doesn't hurt to start of with a higher number of calories. I never have eaten 1200 calories per day, and I don't ever plan to. :laugh: I exercise a lot, so even being a small person I cut with 1700 calories a day. My weight loss has slowed a lot since I'm lean now, but I've always eaten 1600-1700 calories to lose. 1200 is the absolute minimum anyone should be eating, so there's really no reason to start there. Eat 1700 calories a day for a month and see what happens. The chances of you gaining anything even at that level of calories would be slim to none if you're fairly active most days. You might not lose anything, but you're not losing anything now, so it won't really be a loss in progress.
  • Pineapples
    Hey thank you that was good advise... so do you eat calories that you burn through excersice?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Hey thank you that was good advise... so do you eat calories that you burn through excersice?

I figure my calories out a little bit differently. I know my BMR from a lab test and I use a Katch McArdle multiplier for my activity level. I customized my calories and macronutrients. But I do the equivalent of eating my exercise calories. :smile:
  • Pineapples
    Thank you... :D
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    It doesn't hurt to start of with a higher number of calories. I never have eaten 1200 calories per day, and I don't ever plan to. :laugh: I exercise a lot, so even being a small person I cut with 1700 calories a day. My weight loss has slowed a lot since I'm lean now, but I've always eaten 1600-1700 calories to lose. 1200 is the absolute minimum anyone should be eating, so there's really no reason to start there. Eat 1700 calories a day for a month and see what happens. The chances of you gaining anything even at that level of calories would be slim to none if you're fairly active most days. You might not lose anything, but you're not losing anything now, so it won't really be a loss in progress.

Thank you!!! It's great to hear of someone that thinks like I do. I average 1,700- 1,800 cals a day also and could never survive on 1,200 cals!!!! :noway: You look great in your pic too! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Great article!! I start my day off w/ a loaded bowl of oatmeal and am a huge fan of front loading your cals. I don't like eating a huge dinner and try to never snack after 8PM. I wake up hungry and ready for my breakfast in the morning! :bigsmile:
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member

Thank you so much for pointing this article out! I have lost 4 pounds in 5 days and the ONLY change I made was eating about 450 caloies for breakfast instead of 200. :bigsmile:
    I had started to up on the scale even though I had upped my runs to 6 miles 3 times a week. I was at a loss as to what to do next when I saw your post. Thanks again!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.