100 Pounds Gone. Thanks MFP

Options
Colt1835
Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
I've waited a long time to do this thread, but I'm finally here.

Heaviest recorded weight: 269 pounds
Goal weight: 169 pounds (My original goal weight was 200)
Current weight 169 pounds
Height: 6'1''

I started to really worry about my health when I found out in 2014 that my wife was pregnant with our first child. I tried a lot of things to lose weight, but I kept gaining it back for a while. I found MFP around March of 2016 and lost about 90 pounds of my total loss since then. It has been a long journey and I look forward to continue it has my goals shift more to fitness.

I would just like to thank everyone on here who has shaped this community into what it is. Honestly I stopped using my diary many months ago. The old fashioned way with pen and paper works just fine for me. It's the community that keeps me logging in everyday. <3

cjbqavf4q43h.png
I'm unsure about the weight of the before picture, but it is close to my heaviest. I was pretty happy in the before picture about finishing 1st in my age group. I didn't even care that there was only one other person in my age group LOL. It was my first 5k ever.

gp8xwhpmdwpo.jpeg
This is the same shirt in all these pictures. (XL)

ft6dg5d6nmbo.jpg
This shirt is a small.

7ug7nhvwezt3.jpg
A good friend of mine gave me this Dr Pepper shirt about 7 or 8 years ago. It's a medium and I was probably 250 pounds at the time. My wife has been sleeping in it since we've been together. But I finally took it back!

Replies

• RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, congrats!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Sincerely inspirational. Amazing job.
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Do tell what techniques worked for you
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Colt1835
    Options
    Nimbkar wrote: »
    Do tell what techniques worked for you

Tracking the calories was the biggest help. Everything else I did was just my preference. I really think the right techniques will be different for each individual. Here's some stuff that helped me though.

*Coffee is my drug of choice. I drink black coffee every day. Usually twice a day. It keeps me happy and takes my mind off of hunger. I don't know why, but it does.

*I eat a lot of carbs like brown rice and whole grain pasta because they help me stay full and a lot of fruits and veggies. I'll pretty much eat anything though.

*I skip breakfast if I'm not hungry.

*I drank a ridiculous amount of diet soda. If I had a sweet tooth I would grab one and skip the cake or ice cream. Or I would have a protein bar instead of a candy bar. They have similar calorie amounts, but the candy bars were less filling for me.

*I'm a midnight snacker so I ate very little during the day so I could eat more at night.

There's probably a lot more I did to keep my appetite in Check but my techniques sort of changed as I lost more weight. I had to play around with meal times and foods that keep me full.
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on your success.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Congratulations... You look happy and healthy!!! Great job!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, great job.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You are right about the community here. People are so helpful and some threads are silly funny and you can't help login in.

With the weight gone and the beard, do people recognize you? :smile:
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look fantastic :)
  • Eat2Brute
    Eat2Brute Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Great work.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It's wonderful that you made this commitment for your kids. Congrats.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You awesome!! Great job!!

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Way to go !!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Great job! Loving the Dr Pepper shirt :lol:
  • Colt1835
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    You are right about the community here. People are so helpful and some threads are silly funny and you can't help login in.

With the weight gone and the beard, do people recognize you? :smile:
    Most people don't recognize me unless I see them regularly. I wave to people all the time and I mostly get puzzled looks. It's kind of funny because I forget sometimes that I look so different, so I start to wonder if I just waved at a stranger by mistake.
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, really big well done! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!