Breakfast ideas?

Options
I have a huge appetite. What can I eat for breakfast that is still on the lower side of calories but can keep me full till lunch.

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    What are you eating now that isn't working for you?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple of eggs with 130 grams of pinto beans and 1/2 an avocado smothered in red chile sauce...
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Anything anything at all
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal loaded with fruit. The fiber keeps you full and the fruit adds volume.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you wanting to eat?
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can try chia... I started adding it to my water first

Now I make chia pudding and overnight oats with chia (one or the other for breakfast) ... Maybe try those with fruits/seeds for toppings... Is low calorie and it keeps you full!
  • dava0504
    dava0504 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps you feeling full longer. I would mix it in with fruit. It also depends on how many calories you are looking for in breakfast
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    6 oz of plain 2% greek yogurt, 1.5 oz blueberries, and 50g of Kashi Original cereal is my go-to for sustained satiety!
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! I make a whole weeks worth on Sunday. Old fashioned oats, Greek yogurt, milk (skim, almond, whatever kind you prefer) and fresh fruit (I usually pick blueberries or strawberries). It keeps me full for hours and is easy to tweak the flavors and proportions for variety and calories.
  • mjherbert1
    mjherbert1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same thing for breakfast over the past year and it has helped me lose 60 lbs! I make a big batch of breakfast on Sunday and it lasts throughout the week. I usually brown some ground turkey (2 lbs.) and add sauted vegetables (in coconut oil): onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, etc.. You can add whatever veggies you like. Sweet potato is also a really good addition. This meal is high in protein and fiber and keeps me very content until lunch. When I tried eating oatmeal in the morning it seemed to burn right through me and I was hungry an hour or so later. This meal really helps keep you full! Also having breakfast prepared ahead of time makes mornings A LOT easier.

Remember, breakfast should look more like dinner. That way you stay away from foods that are high in carbs and those pesky sugars. A caution on yogurt: it has many health benefits but can also be very high in sugar. Make sure you are careful if you go this route!

Hope this helps :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    dava0504 wrote: »
    Oatmeal keeps you feeling full longer. I would mix it in with fruit. It also depends on how many calories you are looking for in breakfast

It might keep you feeling full longer, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

I stopped eating breakfast at breakfast time. As soon as I start to eat, I'm affected by hunger more than when I don't eat.

Eating my first meal later in the day has helped me feel more satisfied as saving calories enables me to have bigger meals.

It sounds counterintuitive, but it works for me!
  • alywoahhh
    alywoahhh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find potatoes to work great for me! I cut up two medium potatoes (about 110 calories each). Sometimes I boil them. Or I stick 'em in the oven.
  • mangofish44
    mangofish44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Quina with scrambled egg whites and Siracha is my go.

Try half an avocado spread on whole wheat toast with some salt and fresh lime or lemon juice on top.

Both keep my pretty filled up a while
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have half a cup of oats cooked with water, grate in an apple, and add some lsa. Comes to 250 calories and keeps me going to lunch.
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon. Mmm.

I like to make breakfast stir fry (lol)
    Scrambled eggs, chopped turkey bacon, diced potato chunks, and veggies like onion, mushroom, and peppers.
    Fried in olive oil and sometimes I'll use hot sauce and/or ketchup.

You can also stuff this in pita shells or wrap shells. Add some cheese.

I usually make overnight oats if I know I won't have time to cook.
    Peanut butter and sliced banana with some oats and almond milk and throw it in the fridge.
    Devour in the 5 minutes I give myself after I wake up to go to work in the morning hahaha.

Sometimes I'll make breakfast sandwiches too. You can use any meats you like, cheese, condiments, eggs, veggies, sometimes if my calories allow I'll add a hashbrown patty too the sandwich!
    So good.

Hope I helped. :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Today I was feeling fancy so I had barley grits with milk, mango bits, and plump raisins reconstituted in pineapple juice, with a bit of toasted shredded coconut sprinkled on top. It was amazing and amazingly filling. Yesterday I wasn't feeling fancy, so I just made a simple omelet. Some days I just eat leftovers for breakfast. You can eat anything that you know fills you up and is within your calories. There are no other rules to breakfast.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    I always have two slices of bread with cheese or something meaty for breakfast. And another slice an hour later. That keeps me full.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Today I had a turkey & avocado sandwich for breakfast. About an hour later I had a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana.

There is nothing in the world that says you have to have typical breakfast foods for breakfast or that you can't spread out the meal over a few hours eating it in bits and pieces.