Anyone using fitgirl?

Options
sleal130
sleal130 Posts: 2 Member
I just started the 28 day Jumpstart. I am a couple of weeks behind because I am a teacher and this is my first week off for the summer. I am excited about doing this over the summer but would like some support for when the excitement wears off. I have about 40 pounds to lose and then would like to tone up. If you are also part of the fitgirl community please add me so that we can keep each other accountable. :)

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    never heard of it
  • SamanthaBeckAK
    SamanthaBeckAK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the 28 day jumpstart & the bootcamp :) both a lot of fun! You're going to do so awesome!
  • blh202
    blh202 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    More info please as I haven't heard of it either.
  • sleal130
    sleal130 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found fitgirl on my instagram. It's basically a plan that you follow every 28 days but it does come with a community of people. They have different plans from beginners to more advance. It has a daily diet and workout plan along with other tips to help with weight loss goal.
  • brukav
    brukav Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love the fitgirls guides. I have the Jumpstart and the cookbook. All of the food I've made from both books have been amazingly tasty.

More info can be found at fitgirls.com

The best thing I found is that you can search the hashtag on instragram and find other people that are doing it, and get new recipes that fit the guides so you don't just eat the same things over and over every month.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    and what happens on day 29?
  • brukav
    Options
    They will usually post an intermission week, then it starts over, or you move on to the next level up book.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    brukav wrote: »
    They will usually post an intermission week, then it starts over, or you move on to the next level up book.

ahh so something to get you to buy their merchandise? I see now. and whats the intermission week for?
  • brukav
    Options
    They do 28 day 'challenges' mostly through posting to instagram. Intermission week is the time between them, they'll post a week of workouts or what not for in between. You honestly at this point don't need to buy the ebooks, I'm sure you can get most of the information on instagram or youtube. I think they're are 4/5 books now. I just have 2. It's a good place to start if you're new to the whole eating better and daily exorcise thing. It gives you the basics and a whole community of people on social media to get inspiration from.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    They do 28 day 'challenges' mostly through posting to instagram. Intermission week is the time between them, they'll post a week of workouts or what not for in between. You honestly at this point don't need to buy the ebooks, I'm sure you can get most of the information on instagram or youtube. I think they're are 4/5 books now. I just have 2. It's a good place to start if you're new to the whole eating better and daily exorcise thing. It gives you the basics and a whole community of people on social media to get inspiration from.

nope not new to any of this. just seeing how this is different than just eating in a deficit and working out and having a community here on MFP.
  • blh202
    Options
    [

nope not new to any of this. just seeing how this is different than just eating in a deficit and working out and having a community here on MFP.[/quote]

Different things work for different people. Chill out there!
  • blh202
    Options

nope not new to any of this. just seeing how this is different than just eating in a deficit and working out and having a community here on MFP.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    blh202 wrote: »
    [

[/quote]

I am chill so no need to assume things. and actually the only thing proven to work is a calorie deficit.so yeah
  • brukav
    edited June 2017
    Options

It's not really any different. The meal plans are a calorie deficit, they just tell you what to eat for each meal instead of having you plan your own, and they give you a set of exorcises to do each day. I like the meal plans because it's done for me, here's what I'm eating and here's the convenient shopping list for it.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi I just heard of Fitgirls. I was reading that they want you to post pix on instagram of your progress...but I'd rather not! Can I just use the book?