Some encouragment pleast?

Options
hey, i really need some encouraging here.. when i was 15 years old i weighed 210 and was a freshmen in high school. And for my senior year as an 18 year old, i weighed 145. Big lose right? well a month after i gradurated i gained 10 pounds, so now i weigh 155. And i really need some help getting it off!! i wanna go back down to 145 or lower. And im actually scared to go on the scale i dont wanna see the numbers. And this is another big event.. my first day of college starts Aug. 22. So please!! i wanna lose SOME weight before then and i've been at this weight ALL summer! please help!!!! =(

Replies

• alsnipes
    alsnipes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As much as it pains me to admit it, the scale is your accountability tool. In all the things i've read on healthy weight loss and maintaining a healthy diet, the scale is always in the top of the mix because it doesn't lie.. though i'm POSITIVE mine does :) Eat healthy while at school. Walk to class. if it's too too far, try hoping off the bus a few stops early or take a bus that drops you off within fifteen minutes walk of your class. Use the stairs, but don't plod up them. You can do calf raisers by stepping on the edge and propelling yourself up. Maintain regular eating hours with your meals and snacks. The "FRESHMAN FIFTEEN" comes from having too many convenient food while staying up too late studying. Be strict with your time i.e. bedtimes are important, but allow yourself a cheat on the weekend so you don't look like "that kid". Also, check out your campus fitness center for class times for yoga, swimming, anything fun so exercise looks like a cheat, not a mandatory butt-kickin.
    Enjoy school!!!!
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy while at school. Walk to class. if it's too too far, try hoping off the bus a few stops early or take a bus that drops you off within fifteen minutes walk of your class. Use the stairs, but don't plod up them. You can do calf raisers by stepping on the edge and propelling yourself up. Maintain regular eating hours with your meals and snacks. The "FRESHMAN FIFTEEN" comes from having too many convenient food while staying up too late studying. Be strict with your time i.e. bedtimes are important, but allow yourself a cheat on the weekend so you don't look like "that kid". Also, check out your campus fitness center for class times for yoga, swimming, anything fun so exercise looks like a cheat, not a mandatory butt-kickin.
    Enjoy school!!!!

^^ All of that.

Here are a few more suggestions:
    Take the stairs, not the elevator. And then study on the 6th floor.
    Pack a healthy lunch rather than eating cafeteria food.
    Stay away from vending machines!
    Drink water rather than soda. Water fountains are free.
    Take advantage of the fitness center.
    Don't obsess about your grades. Do your best, but don't make it a neurosis that compromises your balance in life.
    Stay away from drinking and don't fall for the belief that it's some rite-of-passage.
    Take short breaks during the day to walk around. Instead of sitting sedentary for 4 hours doing homework, spend 30 minutes studying at a time and then take a quick jog around the library before delving into the books for another 30 minutes.
    Find a healthy way to de-stress DAILY. Whether it's prayer, meditation, art, deep-breathing, yoga, etc.. Find something to cleanse your mind every single day. College is going to push your boundaries academically, morally, socially, and in many other ways and the experience will change you. Giving yourself time to become centered and secure will lower your stress levels.
  • BrittanyDB2011
    Options
    Thanks guys thats really encouraging. =)