Anyone doing bariatric surgery?

Options
Hello! I'm on the path to get a gastric sleeve in November and am trying to implement portion control and a high-protein diet in preparation. I also know I need to create a sustainable lifestyle by eating small portions every 3 hours. Is anyone else on a similar journey? My goal is to loose 100lbs.

Replies

• blove704
    blove704 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on that journey. Should be getting it in November as well. I'm eating 1800 calorie avg. Slowly cutting that down. My goal is 91lbs.
  • dalennahessling2017
    Options
    I had gasteic bypass in March 2017. I agree that portion control and a diet high in protein are important to bariatric success.
  • mainecasey1
    mainecasey1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled to have mine (rny) on the 25th of this month. Pre-op starts in 2 days.
  • NobleLouis
    NobleLouis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Glad to see there's a community of us! What's been surprising/or challenging for your along the way to make lifestyle changes?
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had RNY on August 7th 2017 so I'm just a little over 1 month post-op now. It's been one wild journey so far and I still feel like I'm not even halfway to the finish line lol. I started at a HW (highest weight) of 325, by surgery day I was 296, as of about 1 week ago I was 263. Atm I'm on a small stall but it's expected. My goal weight is 150.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Look up Boogie2988 on youtube, facebook and (I think) Instagram. He is in it just over a month and his starting weight was at (or near) the 500 lbs range.
    He has talked alot about the surgery and has some good insight.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had VSG in Feb 2015. Feel free to add me.