Impatient

Options
I don't know about all of you but ugh...I just want to get to my goal already. As a mom of 5, I had let myself go for awhile. I have a whole closet full of clothes that I can't wear. I work out 7 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour or so, maybe more. I've been doing this for about a month, and the weight is slowly coming off. I eat healthy, track my calories, drink only water, etc. I hope that by my birthday in October I will make substantial progress. I haven't even thought of cheating, I'm so determined...but could I be causing more harm than good, by working out so hard every day?

I just need some positive vibes...this is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I want my kids to see with a little will power you can go a long way...❤

Thanks for reading...
Xoxo Kim

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a day off. Really. A rest day is part of an exercise routine for a reason. I know it's hard to not go workout when you are dedicated, but you do have to. The long term results will be faster and better.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The time is going to pass whether you're trying to act like you care about your health or not. How do you want to spend the time?
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You get it girl!

Listen to your body, rest when it tells you to rest. My only advice would be not to overly restrict your diet, as it could cause binging later on if you were to fall of the wagon (which you won't cause you a badass!)

As long as your calories in are less than your calories out the weight will come off :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    depends what you are doing when you're working out every day? if you're alternating strength/ cardio and the intensity of your workouts differs you may be ok.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Wow. Mom of 5!! Girl, you must have your hands full.

Good luck. Patience and consistency!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on being motivated and trying to be a positive influence on your children. I would recommend taking at least one rest day a week. Your body repairs itself and builds muscle on the rest days not on training days. Try to think of it more like this. You didn't get to where you are in 30 days so it will take more than that to get it off. I know it can be hard to stay motivated but if it was easy everyone would be healthy and fit. Just stay motivated and keep up the hard work!