Is noninvasive laser lipo effective?

Options
I found the following deal and spoke to the doctor about the following, but I am concerned maybe this is a gimmick. It is very expensive and I was hoping some of you might have information on whether or not I should give it a try. I can't find much research on it.

$537 for a body contour laser lipo package with 12 treatments ($1,800 value)

12 lipo laser treatments on the front and back ($600 value)
12 ultrasound or radio-frequency treatments on the front and back ($600 value)
12 body vibration treatments that eliminate metabolized fat by stimulating the lymphatic system flow ($600 value)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    :o
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    you'll want to check realself for this info:

https://www.realself.com/Laser-liposuction/info
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Lol, if you're paying just $500 for any type of plastic surgery, you're getting hosed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have had laser lipo before, I got 6 sessions for around £100, I saw a little less bloatiness and lost about an inch of my waist, but nothing that I wouldn't have seen doing 6 weeks of eating in a calorie deficit and increasing my activity.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I remember the biggest loss I'd seen from plastic surgery and it was about six pounds. A modest calorie deficit over three months will accomplish the same thing.

I suspect all that work will gain you pain, scarring, and a couple pounds (weight) lost.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    This place really worked for me. Stick to it. Go get a food scale for $20 at wallymart next to the measuring cups instead.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I remember the biggest loss I'd seen from plastic surgery and it was about six pounds. A modest calorie deficit over three months will accomplish the same thing.

I suspect all that work will gain you pain, scarring, and a couple pounds (weight) lost.

There isn't any scarring or pain (it's non-invasive), they basically wave a laser paddle or pen over you for about 15 minutes which is mean to breakdown the fat into your lymphatic system, you're then encouraged to drink a lot of water to pee it out. But agree, the loss from it is minimal and can be achieved at no cost by eating less.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Options
    My mom jumps on a mini trampoline for her lymphatic system. And she does drink water after. Interesting. @tinkerbellang83.
    I imagine walking would also help with lymphatic system
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery? :o , doesn't sound that dramatic to me. Personally I wouldn't do it. I'd use that money towards something else like a vacation or new clothes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    My mom jumps on a mini trampoline for her lymphatic system. And she does drink water after. Interesting. @tinkerbellang83.
    I imagine walking would also help with lymphatic system

@TheWJordinWJordin the point of the treatment is basically that you're peeing your fat out through the lymphatic system after the laser has "melted" it, not improving the lymphatic system.

As I say I didn't see significant improvement just an inch off my waist, and I certainly wouldn't pay $600 for it. It was some years ago and to be honest I was hitting the gym at the time so I can't even say for certain that the inch loss wasn't from the gym.

I much prefer the results I've seen from the last 4 months of calorie deficit/strength training at home (wasn't taking measurements the first 4 months): 4 inches off my waist, 2.5 inches off my hips, 2 inches off my thighs 3 inches off my chest and 35lbs down since December last year.
  • cashidy
    cashidy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    if it were this simple and effective Oprah (and other rich celebs) would not have struggled her entire life with weight issues.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Options
    What logic? In this place?
    If the laser melted fat it would have burnt through your skin as well.

• timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Spend the money on a trainer and or nutritionist?
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If the laser melted fat it would have burnt through your skin as well.

hence the quotation marks it doesn't actually melt it, although there is a small risk of burns/bruising - the link posted above by @rainbowbow explains it pretty well.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way even if it worked you'd just put that fat right back on because you wouldn't have dealt with the reason the fat is there to begin with.

Stop looking for quick fixes and do the work that needs to be done.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The thing I've found that works really well is eating at a calorie deficit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Lasers tighten things up by burning them. Burning is a form of injury, and the body responds by repairing with tougher scar tissue. It might not be on the surface, but laser surgery does cause scarring. Even if they call it "melting".